All-new vehicles and fan favorites are revving up to off-road to victory
Larkspur, Calif. (July 3, 2020) – Deep Silver today shared an overview of the incredible machines of DIRT 5, highlighting the game’s huge range of vehicle classes. This all-encompassing selection will ensure drivers are well equipped to tear through corners regardless of the treacherous terrain and dynamic extreme elements testing their skills.
DIRT 5’s Wonderfully Diverse Car Classes Include:
- Cross Raid: Packing strength to conquer tough terrain, this class includes the Volkswagen Race Touareg 3 and the Laffite G-Tec X-Road’s video game debut.
- Rock Bouncer: Huge wheels, mad suspension, a big roll cage. Use this behemoth’s traction, acceleration, and stubbornness to beat all obstacles in extreme events.
- Rally Cross: These rallycross titans include the likes of the Peugeot 208 WRX and Citroen C3 R5. This class can turn on a dime and go from 0-60 almost as quickly.
- Formula Off Road: Ideal for Stampede events, this group houses our monstrous WS Auto Racing Mudclaw – a true off-roader with huge ridged tires and incredible power.
- Classic Rally: Roll back the years with rides like the Fiat 131 Abarth Rally and Porsche 924 GTS Rallye that popularized going flat-out fast on any possible terrain.
- 80s Rally: We’re combining favorites like the Ford RS200 with incredible newcomers like the Porsche 959 Prodrive Rally Raid for a nod to off-road’s golden age.
- 90s Rally: Relive a time when off-road truly went mainstream and recreate rivalries with the Subaru Impreza S4 and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI.
- Rally GT: These desirable cars are kitted with off-road specs, including the Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT-4 and Porsche 911 R-GT.
- Sprint: These rides perfectly rip up dirt oval tracks sideways while sporting wheels of all different sizes, huge wings and 900bhp. A unique class for unique racing.
- Pre Runners: The best road-going SUVs and all-purpose vehicles draped with an off-road kit and souped-up for extreme racing. That’s the Pre-Runners class, featuring incredible race-ready versions of the Aston Martin DBX and more.
- Super Lites: Have fun taming the eye-watering speed of the Ariel Nomad Tactical, Exomotive Exocet Off-Road, and more in these champions of all-terrain challenges.
- Unlimited: Jump in the Jimco Unlimited Truck, Brenthel Industries Unlimited Truck and more to take on the most demanding off-road events in the world.
“Variety is a massive part of our vision for DIRT 5, and we’ve made sure that this is represented in the game’s car classes and car roster,” said DIRT 5 Producer Stuart Boyd. “Combine the car classes with our 10 brand new locations, huge slate of event types, and dynamic extreme weather which completely transforms the handling and gameplay feel. The amount of different experiences to drive in just goes off the scale – we can’t wait for you take it all for a spin.
View the complete post here – http://blog.codemasters.com/category/dirt/
More details on these classes will be revealed as we race towards DIRT 5’s launch, beginning on October 9 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, followed shortly by Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. A Google Stadia version will be available early 2021. Stay up to speed on DIRT 5 by joining our official Discord server, and head to dirtgame.com/dirt5 for pre-order links and more details. Make sure to follow DIRT social channels on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
# # #
Codemasters (AIM:CDM) is an award-winning British video game developer and publisher with over 30 years of heritage. The company specializes in high-quality racing games including DIRT, GRID, and the BAFTA award-winning official F1® series of video games.
In November 2019 Codemasters acquired Slightly Mad Studios, creators and developers of award-winning IP including the Project CARS franchise.
F1 2020 Game – an official product of the FIA Formula One World Championship. © 2020 The Codemasters Software Company Limited (“Codemasters”). All rights reserved. “Codemasters” ®, “EGO” ® and the Codemasters logo are registered trademarks owned by Codemasters. “RaceNet” ™ is a trade mark of Codemasters.
The F1 FORMULA 1 logo, F1 logo, FORMULA 1, F1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula 1 company. © 2020 Cover images Formula One World Championship Limited, a Formula 1 company. Licensed by Formula One World Championship Limited. The F2 FIA FORMULA 2 CHAMPIONSHIP logo, FIA FORMULA 2 CHAMPIONSHIP, FIA FORMULA 2, FORMULA 2, F2and related marks are trademarks of the Federation Internationale de L’Automobile and used exclusively under license. All rights reserved.
All other copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are being used under license. Developed and published by Codemasters.
About Deep Silver:
Deep Silver develops and distributes interactive games for all platforms. The Deep Silver label means to captivate all gamers who have a passion for thrilling gameplay in exciting game worlds. Deep Silver works with its partners to achieve a maximum of success while maintaining the highest possible quality, always focusing on what the customer desires.
Deep Silver has published more than 200 games since 2003, including its own brands like the open world extravaganza Saints Row, the zombie action franchise Dead Island, and the grim post-apocalyptic future of the Metro series. Upcoming highlights from Deep Silver include Dead Island 2 and Saints Row V. Deep Silver also owns the development studios Deep Silver Dambuster Studios in Nottingham, UK; Deep Silver Fishlabs in Hamburg, Germany, Deep Silver Volition based in Champaign, IL, USA, and Warhorse Studios based in Prague, Czech Republic. For more information please visit www.deepsilver.com.
Koch Media is a leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products (software, games and films). The company’s own publishing activities, marketing and distribution extend throughout Europe, North America and Australia. The Koch Media group has more than 20 years of experience in the digital media business and has risen to become the number one publishing partner in Europe. It has also formed strategic alliances with numerous games and software publishers: Bethesda, Capcom, Codemasters, Kaspersky Labs, Konami, Koei Tecmo, Milestone, Sega, Square Enix, etc. in various European countries. With Headquarters in Höfen, Austria Koch Media owns branches in Germany, England, France, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, the Nordic regions, Benelux, Australia, Czech Republic and the United States. All product titles, publisher names, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks, registered trademarks and/or copyright material of the respective owners. All rights reserved.