Sydney, Australia — July 13, 2020 — Today, during the Ubisoft Forward digital conference, Ubisoft announced that the next instalment in the Assassin’s Creed franchise, Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla, will release worldwide on November 17, 2020 on Xbox One, PlayStation®4, the Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store on Windows PC, as well as on UPLAY+*, Ubisoft’s subscription service and Stadia.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will release on Xbox Series X and PlayStation®5 upon the launch of the consoles. Players who purchase Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on Xbox One or PlayStation®4 will be able to upgrade their game to the next-gen version (Xbox Series X or PlayStation®5) at no additional cost.**.
Brand new gameplay shown at the digital conference illustrates new features that players can enjoy, including dual-wielding, raiding, assaults, and open-world activities. Raids will be more action-packed and brutal than anything Assassin’s Creed has seen before, with players able to take advantage of a new visceral combat system that lets players bash, dismember, and decapitate foes. Eivor will be able to dual-wield axes, swords, and even shields against the greatest variety of enemy types ever seen in Assassin’s Creed. Additionally, the return of the Hidden Blade allows Eivor to assassinate targets with deadly precision.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is an ambitious action role-playing game that places player choice and exploration at the centre of the experience. Throughout the world, players will encounter gameplay challenges, unique and surprising characters with unforgettable stories and a variety of breathtaking landscapes to set foot on. Players will have the ability to customize their character’s hair, tattoos, war paint, weapons and gear, in addition to the option of switching between male or female Eivor at any time. Political alliances, combat decisions, and dialogue choices can influence the world of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, so players must choose wisely to protect their clan’s home and future.
The official Assassin’s Creed Valhalla soundtrack and books are also now available for pre-order, including a novel, comic, and art book:
- On July 17, a seven-song EP taken from the official soundtrack featuring original compositions from Jesper Kyd and Sarah Schachner as well as an original song by Einar Selvik, will be available to listen to on Spotify and purchase on iTunes. Spotify pre-save and iTunes pre-order is now available and the full soundtrack will be released at a later date.
- The Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – Geirmund’s Saga novel, written by Matthew J. Kirby, will tell an original story set in the world of the game. Players will discover the epic tale of Geirmund Hellskin, a man determined to prove his worth as a Viking and a warrior who joins the ranks of King Guthrum’s army to participate in the invasion of England. The book cover will be revealed on reknowned Korean artist Jung Gi Kim’s Instagram page in late July.
- Dark Horse Comics will release ‘Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – Song of Glory’, a comic series written by Cavan Scott, illustrated by Martin Tunica, and colored by Michael Atiyeh. In this prequel to the game, fearless Vikings Eivor and Sigurd embark on separate adventures to show their mettle and seek glory. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – Song of Glory #1 (of three) will be in comic shops on October 21, 2020.
- Finally, the Art of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and the Art of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Deluxe Edition will invite readers on a visual journey through the world of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla—A world defined by the harsh beauty of Viking life, rich with fascinating characters and breath-taking landscapes. This book offers an enticing collection of art and commentary that is sure to attract returning fans and newcomers alike.
With development led by Ubisoft Montreal***, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla follows the epic saga of Eivor, a fierce Viking raider raised on tales of battle and glory. Offering a captivating Viking experience, the game brings players to a beautiful and mysterious open world set against the brutal backdrop of England’s Dark Ages. Players can take advantage of new features including raids, growing their settlements, and building their power in a quest to earn a place among the gods in Valhalla. The Gold, Ultimate, and Collector’s Editions**** of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla as well as the Ubicollectibles® products are available for pre-orders. Fans who pre-order Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will receive The Way of the Berserker bonus mission at launch, in which players will join a legendary Norse Berserker on his quest for revenge.
For more information on Assassin’s Creed, please visit: assassinscreed.com
For more information about the release of the seven-EP taken from the official soundtrack of the game, please visit: https://smarturl.it/ACV-EP
* $19.95 AUD per month. Cancel anytime. The Gold and Ultimate Editions will be available as part of a UPLAY+ subscription. More information at uplayplus.com.
**Assassin’s Creed Valhalla leverages the Smart Delivery technology – buy the game once and play it on either Xbox One or Xbox Series X when both the console and that version of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla are available. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla PlayStation®4 Digital and Blu-Ray™ games gives access to the corresponding Assassin’s Creed Valhalla PlayStation®5 Digital version at no additional cost, when available. Requires a PlayStation®5 or a PlayStation®5 Digital Edition, the game disc (if owned on Blu-Ray™) must be kept inserted in the PlayStation®5 disc tray to play, a PlayStation® Network registration, additional storage & Broadband internet connection. May incur bandwidth usage fees.
***Associate studios are Ubisoft Sofia, Ubisoft Singapore, Ubisoft Montpellier Ubisoft Barcelona, Ubisoft Kyiv, Ubisoft Bordeaux, Ubisoft Shanghai, Ubisoft Chengdu, Ubisoft Philippines, Ubisoft Quebec, Ubisoft Bucharest, Ubisoft Pune, with additional help from external partner Sperasoft.
****Final content and release dates subject to change. Some features may not be available at launch. Content may be available for purchase and/or as giveaway(s) separately at Ubisoft’s sole discretion at any time.
About Assassin’s Creed
Since it first launched in 2007, the Assassin’s Creed series has sold more than 140 million games worldwide. The franchise is now established as one of the best-selling series in video game history. Recognized for having some of the richest, most engrossing storytelling in the industry, Assassin’s Creed transcends video games, branching out into numerous other entertainment media.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Just Dance, Watch Dogs, Tom Clancy’s video game series including Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six and The Division. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2019–20 fiscal year, Ubisoft generated net bookings of €1,534 million. To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com.
© 2020 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are registered trademarks in the US and/or other countries. Stadia, the Stadia beacon, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC.