Happinet Brings SRPG For New and Returning Players to Experience the Grand Adventure for Total Conquest
TOKYO, JAPAN –June 25, 2020 – An endless fantasy war begins…! Japanese videogame company, Happinet, in partnership with developer Matrix Software, announced that Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia has launched worldwide today on the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo Switch™ system as a digital download for $49.99/ €49.99. Players can experience Brigandine after 20 long years that can now be played anytime, anywhere on Nintendo Switch.
For players who want to try the game, the Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia demo is still available to download on the Nintendo eShop with both a Trial and Training mode with one of the six armies (game progress or save data made in the demo will not transfer over to the full game).
“The Brigandine series has had continuous requests for a sequel since its initial release 20 years ago,” said Kazuhiro Igarashi, Producer at Happinet. “We’re honored to bring this legendary classic to fans and have poured our hearts and souls into the new Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia. Our hope is that players young and old will appreciate the efforts and feel that we’ve met their high expectations as they command grand armies to conquer their five rival nations.”
Featuring a Fantasy world conquest within the turn-based strategy genre, Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia will offer hundreds of hours of immersive gameplay in this stunning new campaign for conquest. Players choose one of six nations to assume the role of the ruler aiming to conquer Runersia. As a ruler, players will command more than 100 Rune Knights throughout the six nations leading various monster troops of various dragons, ghouls, and fairies, into fierce battles on hexagonal grid maps in the tactical turn-based battle system. To view the Nintendo Switch trailer for Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia.
Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia Features:
- Choose between six nations and enjoy the high degree of freedom – Players decide which nation to play as and which countries to invade and how to conquer the continent
- Hundreds of hours of gameplay – A single nation’s plotline can take over 30 hours of playtime and content from the mainline with multiple endings, three difficulty levels, and post-ending content
- Original gameplay and design from its predecessor – Combat is turn-based tactical RPG, with knights on each side leading three monster platoons into battle on a hexagonal grid to jostle for victory
- Immersive gameplay and original artwork from talented veterans – Lead artist and character designer, Raita Kazama, known for his character and monster designs in Xenoblade Chronicles, Puzzle & Dragon and others, brings his artistry to the 40 base locations, over 100 unique knights, and 50 monster types in Runersia
- Challenge mode – Battle in a combination of a sandbox and score attack experience where new missions are non-stop, challenging the player’s ability to change strategies on the fly as difficulty becomes harder the longer a player survives
About Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia
In Runersia, a continent created by the Rune God, mana rains down endlessly. Eons ago, five Mana Stones were brought forth by this continent and passes through history alongside human nations, eventually embedding into special Brigandine equipment to create Rune Knights – special individuals who can wield the mana power and stones embedded into their armor to cast skills and magic as well as summon and control ancient monsters. Six Brigandine nations of Runersia, each with conflicting ideals beliefs, histories, and faiths, are divided by Brigandines of Justice, Glory, Freedom, Sanctity, and Ego, while the sixth nation exists without Brigandine. The goal is to win battles to expand their nation’s influence until the entire continent of Runersia has been taken over by the player.
This game has been rated “T for Teen” by the ESRB. For more in-depth information about the game’s story, gameplay mechanics, and the top development talent behind making the game, please visit the official Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia website and follow the game’s latest updates on the official English Twitter account.
Happinet is a Japanese comprehensive entertainment trading company that boasts either top or near-top market share in each of its four main businesses: toys; visual and music; video games; and amusements. For more information, visit https://www.happinet.co.jp/english/index.html
# # #