Great line-up of Dark Synth Cyberpunk artists announced for Deck-builder Game – Artists include Misanthropix, Cyberthing!, Occams Laser, Vector Seven and Neon Ranger – Playlist available now
NORWAY – June 5th, 2020. – Megapop is proud to reveal the line-up of artists which contributes to Haxity’s cyberpunk score! In an international collaboration, the best Dark Synth artists from US, Brazil, Hungary, Germany and the UK are each setting their unique impression on Haxity.
Misanthropix, Cyberthing!, Occams Laser, Vector Seven and Neon Ranger may not be on everyones radar, but it’s a perfect score for a game like Haxity.
Erlend Kirkebø, Game Producer of Haxity, explains: ‘During the development of Haxity we read and watched a lot of the great classic cyberpunk fiction, but we also listened a lot to synthwave music for inspiration. At some point we asked: “What if we actually use the synthwave music we listen to, and actually try get music from some of these artists into our game?’
‘We first contacted Misanthropix, an artist from Brazil, his strong and dark electronic beats really went hand in hand with the punch and fighting game feeling of Haxity. He was helpful to let us test his music in the game, and the feedback we got from it was great! We soon reached out to more artists and figured out the sub-genre of dark synth was really the place for us to be,’ he continues.
The first selection of collaborations for Haxity music includes:
- Misanthropix: Brazil based artist, “Dark electronic against humans”. His dark beats have a strong punch and drive to it, perfect for turning on the fighting mode for Haxity.
- Cyberthing!: California based with dark-synth music inspired by the 80s action, horror and sci-fi. His music has a gritty, tense and somewhat “rusty” feeling to it, making it perfect to match the world of Haxity, where the streets are gritty.
- Occams Laser: British music producer, 80s horrors mixed with cyberpunk and modern electronics. His music has a darker and more “occult” feeling to it, setting a nice tone to the fate of many of the characters in Haxity, with darkness looming over them.
- Vector Seven: “Music from a dystopian future” describes his music. Producer from Germany, Vector Seven brings certain industrial element to Haxity playlist that everyone will enjoy, matching the dystopian setting of Haxity run by mega-corporations.
- Neon Ranger: Hungary based artist, producing music for films, TV, and games under the label of Titan Slayer. His music is used for both Haxity trailer and in the opening scene of the game. He has a distinct unique beat that really sets the mood perfectly for Haxity.
- Follow Haxity on INSTAGRAM, TWITTER or FACEBOOK.
- Check out the HAXITY WEBSITE
- Watch the announcement trailer on YOUTUBE
- Discuss Haxity with Megapop on DISCORD and REDDIT.
- Wishlist us on our STEAM page