Cloud Imperium Games Launches Latest Update for Star Citizen, Introducing
New Prison System, Unified Friends List, Esperia Prowler Ship, and More
LOS ANGELES, April 29, 2020 — The most ambitious video game project to-date just got bigger with today’s release of the Star Citizen — Alpha 3.9: Locked Up & Loaded update, introducing a wealth of new gameplay systems, missions, locations, and more! Developed and published by Cloud Imperium Games (CIG), Star Citizen is an epic experience where players can fly highly detailed space ships, explore life-sized planets, battle on foot through massive space stations, and discover adventure in an ever-expanding and changing galaxy of unmatched scale.
With today’s launch of the Star Citizen — Alpha 3.9: Locked Up & Loaded update, players can look forward to more expanded experiences and deeper immersion based on community input and feedback. Highlights include the introduction of the Klescher Prison system, new criminal and bounty missions, a brand-new landing zone, the Esperia Prowler ship, all-new unified friends list, streamlined weapon attachment UI, and quality of life improvements. For full details and patch notes please head here.
“Our universe continues to evolve and grow, and through the release of Alpha 3.9: Locked Up & Loaded, our players will have the ability to experience more socially driven adventures fueled by exciting new gameplay additions and technology enhancements,” said Cloud Imperium Games CEO and Star Citizen Creative Director Chris Roberts. “Today’s launch is part of our continued commitment to deliver notable updates on a consistent basis that greatly improve the overall experience in Star Citizen, and we continue to be humbled by the overwhelming support from our active players and community who contribute in making Star Citizen a success.”
Star Citizen — Alpha 3.9: Locked Up & Loaded Update Highlights:
● Unified Friends List: Group play is getting a major upgrade. Moving forward, contacts and friends from Star Citizen Spectrum (CIG’s proprietary out-of-game communications platform) will be unified with in-game contacts. Connecting with fellow pilots and forming parties from either platform has never been easier!
● Klescher Automated Prison: Actions have consequences. Players incapacitated by security forces or bounty hunters will now find themselves serving hard time in prison. Pay off your debt to society by doing manual labor, or make plans for a daring escape.
● New Babbage Landing Zone: This brand-new landing zone and trading hub is now open for business! Located on microTech and home to the company’s flagship store, New Babbage features an extensive transit system with lines connecting all major hubs. Open spaces are enclosed by protective domes, shielding citizens from the planet’s freezing climate while offering spectacular views of frozen lakes and azure skies.
● New Mission – The Price of Freedom: In an all-new mission, some unlucky outlaws have been captured and are catching a ride on a prison transport. Players have been hired to board the ship, fight their way past security, wake these unfortunate individuals from cryosleep, and if possible, eliminate the turncoat who got them captured in the first place.
● New Ship – Esperia Prowler: The Prowler is a near-perfect recreation of the infamous dropship that battled UEE forces throughout the Tevarin Wars. Elegant, advanced, and effective, it embodies the unique Tevarin approach to warfare and organic vehicle design. The Prowler is the first Tevarin-derived ship ever offered on the Human market. Find out more about the Esperia Prowler here.
● New Player Status System: Player immersion reaches new levels, as blizzards and snowstorms are now more than just a visual effect. “Weather locomotion” now provides wind force resistance to player characters and ships in the atmosphere. In addition to monitoring temperature, the new player status system also measures hunger and thirst. Eat and hydrate to stave off starvation and thirst while taking advantage of specially designed suits to maintain an ideal body temperature in harsh environments.
● New Weapon Attachment UI Feature: Ground combat sees major improvements as players can now make adjustments to weapon attachments on the fly without having to navigate through inventory menu systems. Make quick changes to scopes and attachments on the go and stay in the action.
To celebrate the release of the Star Citizen — Alpha 3.9: Locked Up & Loaded update, CIG is offering a limited time referral bonus for referring a friend to play the game. Starting from today through May 11, players who enlist a friend to join will earn a free Greycat PTV Buggy for both themselves and their friend. Learn more details about the limited time referral program here.
Star Citizen combines classic space sim gameplay with boundary-pushing visuals in a massively multiplayer setting with unprecedented fidelity. Live how you want to live: shift from cargo hauler to an outlaw, or an explorer or any other role, whenever you want. Play across multiple planets and moons, including vast cities and underground caverns, all created with a unique combination of procedural planet technology and complementary hand-crafted design.
For further information, including how to download and play Star Citizen, visit the official website. Millions of players from around the world have already joined to help CIG build the most ambitious game ever made. Enlist today and join this ever-expanding universe by visiting the game’s Welcome Hub and Guide System for tips on how to play. For continued updates, keep up with Star Citizen on Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Twitter and YouTube.
About Cloud Imperium Games and Roberts Space Industries®
Cloud Imperium is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAA games outside the established publisher system. It was founded in 2012 by renowned visionary game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander series, Freelancer, Privateer), Sandi Gardiner, and international media lawyer and producer Ortwin Freyermuth (Carlito’s Way, Shattered, Das Boot – Director’s Cut), with industry veteran and studio director Erin Roberts (Lego videogame series, Starlancer, Privateer) joining the team in 2013. Cloud Imperium is creating Star Citizen, a record-shattering, largely crowdfunded space sim, and Squadron 42, a Hollywood-caliber, story-driven single-player game set in the same universe. Cloud Imperium operates in “open development” – sharing progress and updates in near real time. This paradigm-shifting development process (game development usually occurs behind closed doors) gives the community an unprecedented look at Star Citizen and Squadron 42’s development and allows direct feedback and interaction between players and developers, thereby ensuring that the games being developed are what players want to play.