BATTLE-HARDENED SPIRITS SUMMONED FOR NEW COMBAT IN SPELLBOUND MOBILE MMORPG SPIRITWISH
Nexon’s new fantasy-adventure game earns new characters, quests and more for iOS and Android
SEOUL – Dec. 11, 2019 – A magical roster of powerful heroes engage in simultaneous multi-character gameplay in the enchanted world of Spiritwish, the massive multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) from NEXON Korea Corporation, subsidiary of NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games. Beginning today, mobile players around the world can experience Spiritwish’s latest content update for free on the App Store and Google Play.
Spiritwish invites players to take command of a team of heroes as they follow in the footsteps of the Three Gods for control of the ancient relics to protect the land of Kaleva against looming evil. Spiritwish’s unprecedented simultaneous multi-character gameplay allowsplayers the ability to control three heroes at a time while boasting a unique MMORPG experience on mobile devices.
Today, Spiritwish grows with a myriad of new features including:
- Spirit System – Players can now summon spirits to assist in battle by obtaining them from the Event Dungeon. Spirits will follow players’ reader character after they are summoned.and bestow unique powers and effects
- Fresh Characters – Two new heroes are now available to enlist in battle, including the melee-ready Barbarian who uses his Heavy Sword to deal ranged damage, and the Monk who can heal allies while fighting with a Light Club and Shield
- Christmas Event – A new World Boss “Snowman” has arrived in the Vanhakivi Ruins area. Players who defeat the boss will earn the Snowman Box, which contains Christmas event accessories including Rings, Necklaces and other surprises
- Daunting Quests – Players can complete the new Minstrel and Noita Recruitment Quests to unlock their respective character cards for exclusive insight about their backgrounds
- Festive Decorations – Five new types of Christmas-themed costumes are available during the Christmas event, and Kaleva Village is now decorated for celebration
- Additional Events – Players can also participate in the “Getting Started” Journey event for exclusive prizes, along with missions and daily dungeons for Monk.
Long ago, legendary heroes known as the Three Gods created an era of peace across their bountiful kingdom by overseeing powerful ancient artifacts. When war erupted between two factions ‘Pohjola’ and ‘Kaleva’ for control of the relics, the kingdom fell into disarray. Now, a new band of adventurers is tasked with eradicating the vile monsters who have spawned within the kingdom as a result of the skirmish.
Spiritwish is the latest project from the developers at NEON Studio, best known for their work on Ragnarok, Granado, Espada and Tree of Savior. Today’s content update arrives after it rose to the top of the mobile game charts in Korea, earning fourth and third in revenue on Google Play and the App Store, respectively.
Additional information for members of the press:
- Check out the official Facebook page here
About NEXON Co. Ltd.
NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO) is a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games. Founded in Korea in 1994, Nexon developed one of the world’s first graphics-based massively multiplayer online games. Nexon also pioneered the concept of microtransactions and the free-to-play business model, setting a new standard in which play is free, and users have the option to purchase in-game items to enhance their experience. Nexon currently services nearly 100 titles in more than 190 countries. The Company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and its shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
# # #