ANODYNE 2: RETURN TO DUST LAUNCHES AUGUST 12, 2019 ON PC/MAC/LINUX
Launch Platforms Include Steam, Kartridge, GOG, Itch, and Humble
August 6th, 2019 — Analgesic Productions is excited to announce Anodyne 2: Return to Dust will launch for Windows, Mac, and Linux on Monday, August 12th for $19.99 on Steam, Kartridge, GOG, Itch, and Humble storefronts — enter an evocative, surreal, lo-fi 3D and 2D world in the follow-up to 2013’s standout adventure!
Anodyne 2 combines the thrilling
scale and cinematic storytelling of 3D games with the tight design and
easy-to-pick-up satisfaction of 2D Zelda-like adventures.
Nano Dust infects the islanders of New Theland, distorting their emotions and desires. You play as Nova, a Nano Cleaner who must explore the island, seeking out the sick and shrinking inside their bodies to suction up the Dust.
The art of Anodyne 2 reimagines the PS1 and N64’s lo-fi visuals, setting the stage for you to explore 3D cities, valleys, and wastelands. You’ll also shrink into the varied 2D mindscapes of characters, from snowy, aurora-lit valleys to perilous volcanic construction sites!
- In 3D, run, jump and drive across gorgeous and haunting locales, speaking with strange and memorable characters.
- Choose where you want to go! The sweeping vistas of New Theland quickly open up to exploration. Instantly transform into a car to quickly drive around the world.
- In 2D, use your Nano Vacuum to collect dust, suck up and fight enemies, all while overcoming mind-bending challenges related to the characters’ inner lives.
- Seek magical Cards which expand your access into New Theland’s outer reaches.
- Experience the thrilling and emotional story of Nova. Her destiny is clear: she is the Nano Cleaner who will save New Theland. But strange characters & painful experiences will put her loyalty to the test…
Similar to the Final Fantasy franchise, there’s no need to play the original Anodyne to understand the story in Anodyne 2: Return to Dust, but longtime fans will find connections between the two! Discover the true nature of the Nano Dust, Nova, and The Center, in the latest game from Analgesic Productions!
To learn more, visit:
Developer Website & Newsletter: https://analgesic.productions/
Itch Page: https://sean-han-tani.itch.io/anodyne-2
About Analgesic Productions
Analgesic Productions is a studio specializing in single-player, narrative-heavy adventure games with experimental flair and twists on traditional gameplay. We are Marina Kittaka and Sean Han Tani. We’re also the creators of Even the Ocean, All Our Asias, Bratavism, and more.