SHOW THE HEROES WHO’S BOSS — DAEDALIC
ENTERTAINMENT’S DARK RPG
IRATUS: LORD OF THE DEAD ARRIVES ON STEAM EARLY ACCESS JULY 24
Dominate your enemies and turn their corpses into monsters you control in this challenging new roguelike from Unfrozen
HAMBURG, Germany — July 2, 2019 — Daedalic Entertainment and new Russian development studio Unfrozen are excited to announce the delightfully evil roguelike RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead will launch into Steam Early Access for Windows PC on July 24. Inverting the classic fantasy RPG tale, Iratus: Lord of the Dead casts players as the newly resurrected necromancer Iratus on a bloody quest for vengeance against those who imprisoned him in his underground tomb.
Wielding an array of occult powers that would make the most talented conjurers recoil in terror, Iratus can use the blood, guts, bones and souls of vanquished enemies to create monstrous pawns to serve as his own personal army. With four different skill trees to master (Alchemy, Magic, Ire and Destruction) and nearly 100 different minion skills to unlock, players will have plenty of options to defeat their foes in turn-based combat and the giant dungeon overworld.
With permadeath affecting not only minions but enemies as well, Iratus: Lord of the Dead is a devilishly difficult roguelike that challenges your strategic prowess on all fronts. Body parts and essence are finite resources in the overworld, so you’ll need to think carefully about what you conjure and how it’ll help you exact revenge.
- Be EVIL: Play as the villain and use dark necromantic powers to crush your heroic foes!
- Advanced turn-based battle system: Learn your enemies’ weak points, exploit them with physical and magical abilities, and attack their minds to drive them insane.
- Combat and choices with consequences: Classic roguelike features including character permadeath.
- Craft your army from the body parts of dead enemies: Select from 16 different types of undead minions like zombies, vampires, mummies, banshees and more with nearly 100 unique talents.
- Choose from four types of necromancer talents that change the way you play, including Alchemy, Magic, Ire and Destruction.
- Intelligent enemy AI and multiple difficulty levels to challenge even experienced RPG strategists.
- Expand and improve your underground lair with necromantic powers.
- Detailed stylized 2D graphics evoking classic dark fantasy atmosphere.
- Standout voice acting from Stephan Weyte, who played Caleb in the celebrated Blood franchise.
Iratus: Lord of the Dead will be continuously updated and expanded throughout early access with new content, features and improvements. To stay up to date on the latest developments in this exciting dark fantasy RPG, please visit Iratus: Lord of the Dead on Steam.
About Daedalic Entertainment
Daedalic Entertainment publishes and develops high-quality games for all platforms. The company has a diverse line-up of high-quality titles, including classic adventures, RPGs, and strategy and multiplayer games. With more than 80 employees, Daedalic is currently developing a new line-up of innovative games across consoles, PC and mobile platforms.
Among the AAA titles in production at the studio are the team-RTS A Year of Rain (PC), as well as The Lord of the Rings – Gollum (multiplatform). A Year of Rain combines classical elements like base-building and a comprehensive story campaign with hero-focused and team-oriented gameplay. The Lord of the Rings – Gollum is an action-adventure that tells the story of Gollum from a perspective never witnessed before in any storytelling media, all the while staying faithful to the legendary books of J.R.R. Tolkien.
Based in Hamburg, Germany, Daedalic is one of Europe’s most acclaimed publishers and developers. With a total of 32 awards in the German Developers Award (including multiple accolades for “Studio of the Year”) and 11 German Computer Game Awards for genre-defining games such as Deponia, Edna & Harvey, Silence, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth, The Long Journey Home, and State of Mind, Daedalic is a record holder for the two most prestigious games awards in Germany.
Unfrozen is a games developer based in St. Petersburg, Russia, formed by talented developers who have 15 years worth of experience working in the games industry. The tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead is their first project as a studio.