BE THE BAD GUY! DARK ROGUELIKE RPG IRATUS: LORD OF THE DEAD OUT NOW ON STEAM EARLY ACCESS
Dominate your enemies and raise an army from their corpses in this challenging new game from Daedalic Entertainment and Unfrozen
HAMBURG, Germany — July 24, 2019 — Daedalic Entertainment and indie developer Unfrozen have unleashed the devilishly evil roguelike RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead on Windows PC via Steam Early Access. Flipping the script on classic fantasy RPGs, Iratus: Lord of the Dead makes you a newly resurrected necromancer on a bloody quest for vengeance against the fools who imprisoned you.
Wield an array of occult powers to make your enemies recoil in fear, using the blood, guts, bones and souls of the fallen to create monstrous pawns for your own personal army. With four different skill trees to master (Alchemy, Magic, Ire and Destruction) and nearly 100 different minion skills to unlock, you’ll have plenty of choices to defeat your foes in turn-based combat.
Iratus: Lord of the Dead is a delightfully difficult roguelike that challenges your strategic prowess on all fronts, with permadeath affecting not only minions but enemies, as well. Body parts and essence are finite resources in the game’s sprawling dungeon overworld, so you’ll need to think carefully about what you conjure and how it’ll help you exact revenge.
- Be EVIL: Play as the villain and use dark necromantic powers to crush your heroic foes!
- Craft an army from the body parts of dead enemies: Pick from 16 different types of undead minions like zombies, vampires, mummies, banshees and more with nearly 100 unique talents.
- Advanced turn-based battle system: Learn your enemies’ weak points, exploit them with physical and magical abilities, and attack their minds to drive them insane.
- Combat and choices with consequences: Classic roguelike features including character permadeath.
- Choose from four types of necromancer talents that change the way you play, including Alchemy, Magic, Ire and Destruction.
- Intelligent enemy AI and multiple difficulty levels to challenge even experienced RPG strategists.
- Improve and expand your underground lair to grow in power.
- Detailed 2.5D art style with fully animated effects evoking classic dark fantasy atmosphere.
- Standout voice acting from Stephan Weyte, who played Caleb in the hit Blood franchise.
Iratus: Lord of the Dead will be continuously updated and expanded throughout early access with new content, features and improvements. To stay up to date on the latest developments, please visit Iratus: Lord of the Dead on Steam.
About Daedalic Entertainment
Daedalic Entertainment publishes and develops high-quality games for all platforms. The company has a diverse line-up of high-quality titles, including classic adventures, RPGs, and strategy and multiplayer games. With more than 80 employees, Daedalic is currently developing a new line-up of innovative games across consoles, PC and mobile platforms.
Among the AAA titles in production at the studio are the team-RTS A Year of Rain (PC), as well as The Lord of the Rings – Gollum (multiplatform). A Year of Rain combines classical elements like base-building and a comprehensive story campaign with hero-focused and team-oriented gameplay. The Lord of the Rings – Gollum is an action-adventure that tells the story of Gollum from a perspective never witnessed before in any storytelling media, all the while staying faithful to the legendary books of J.R.R. Tolkien.
Based in Hamburg, Germany, Daedalic is one of Europe’s most acclaimed publishers and developers.
With a total of 32 awards in the German Developers Award (including multiple accolades for “Studio of the Year”) and 11 German Computer Game Awards for genre-defining games such as Deponia, Edna & Harvey, Silence, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth, The Long Journey Home, and State of Mind, Daedalic is a record holder for the two most prestigious games awards in Germany.
Unfrozen is a games developer based in St. Petersburg, Russia, formed by talented developers who have 15 years worth of experience working in the games industry. The tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead is their first project as a studio.