Pacifists, Rejoice! Multiplayer Survival RPG CryoFall Adds Dedicated PvE Servers
New update lets PvE players focus on creative community-building and exploration while balancing the competition for PvP survivalists
HAMBURG, Germany – May 16, 2019 – Publisher Daedalic Entertainment and developer AtomicTorch Studio have released a new free content update for the sci-fi multiplayer survival RPG CryoFall introducing dedicated PvE servers, one of the community’s most requested features. Players interested in peaceful exploration, survival and community-building on CryoFall’s alien world can now enjoy the game in cooperation with each other more fully without the pressure of bloodshed.
In addition, several improvements have been made based on community feedback to balance PvP servers, where going rogue is always an option and survival of the fittest is ultimately all that matters. To decrease the likelihood players log back on to find their bases and possessions devastated, a new 7-10 PM local time raiding window* has been introduced to ensure that most raids happen when players are likely to be online to fight back directly. But this doesn’t mean PvP players can rest easy. Bombs now do more damage, and the chests that protect your belongings can now be more easily opened by invaders.
CryoFall delivers a complex survival experience with unlimited opportunities for players to make their mark on a hostile alien world full of secrets, dangers and wealth. Discover new ways of farming, hunting, cooking, crafting, mining, building and trading, with multiple specializations available per character. Work with your fellow players to build a functional new society, or succumb to the most basic of urges and take what others have worked so hard to build. Whether you choose PvE or PvP, CryoFall offers a richly varied gameplay experience, featuring:
- Complex crafting and industrial system, including oil refining and lithium extraction.
- Various stages of technological progress (primitive, industrial, modern, post-modern, sci-fi).
- Farming with complex crop growth simulation, fertilizers, etc., and diverse cooking options.
- Wide range of player interactions and roles with specialization options emphasizing meaningful interactions, rather than just combat.
- Fully functional economy simulation with coin minting, trading and automated vending machines managed by players.
- Carefully handcrafted maps and locations (plus map editor).
- Storyline elements discovered through exploration.
- Diverse environments with several biomes (temperate, desert, tropical, boreal, wasteland, etc.).
- In-house developed Renkei Engine™, allowing hundreds of players on the same server.
- Complex character simulation with several dozens of status effects (e.g., bleeding, poisoning, radiation, etc.).
- Extensive modding capabilities, including real-time code editing.
CryoFall is currently available for Windows PC via Steam Early Access and will be on sale for 10% off later today.
*Community server owners are free to configure these raiding hours as they wish or even disable the feature altogether.
About Daedalic Entertainment
Daedalic Entertainment publishes and develops high-quality games for all platforms. The company has a diverse line-up of high-quality titles, including classic adventures, RPGs, and strategy and multiplayer games. With more than 80 employees, Daedalic is currently developing a new line-up of innovative games across consoles, PC and mobile platforms.
Among the AAA titles in production at the studio are the team-RTS A Year of Rain (PC), as well as The Lord of the Rings – Gollum (multiplatform). A Year of Rain combines classical elements like base-building and a comprehensive story campaign with hero-focused and team-oriented gameplay. The Lord of the Rings – Gollum is an action-adventure that tells the story of Gollum from a perspective never witnessed before in any storytelling media, all the while staying faithful to the legendary books of J.R.R. Tolkien.
Based in Hamburg, Germany, Daedalic is one of Europe’s most acclaimed publishers and developers. With a total of 32 awards in the German Developers Award (including multiple accolades for “Studio of the Year”) and 11 German Computer Game Awards for genre-defining games such as Deponia, Edna & Harvey, Silence, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth, The Long Journey Home, and State of Mind, Daedalic is a record holder for the two most prestigious games awards in Germany.
About AtomicTorch Studio
Founded in 2013, AtomicTorch Studio is an independent game development company based in Singapore. Their goal is to develop innovative, fun and accessible games that fuse gameplay and visuals from classic old-school titles with modern technologies and novel ideas. CryoFall marks the third and most ambitious game by the studio.