WARFRAME’S OPERATION: BURIED DEBTS COMING TODAY TO PS4, XBOX ONE AND NINTENDO SWITCH
Experience Melee Changes: Phase 1, Team up With the Community to Solve Hidden Secrets, and Try Out the 39th Warframe Hildryn
LONDON, ON – March 20, 2019 – Coming today to PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch™, Canadian developer and publisher Digital Extremes will unveil Warframe®’s newest update, Operation: Buried Debts — coupled with an enigmatic challenge. Deep in the bitter heart of Fortuna’s Orb Vallis lies a hidden mystery, one that Tenno must confront together to unlock. Paired with the update is the immediately gratifying first phase of Warframe’s melee system updates, and the arrival of the 39th Warframe, Hildryn, adding depth and power to a healthy stable of 38 playable Warframes.
Operation: Buried Debts poses a disturbing new wrinkle to the evolving story of Fortuna’s debt-internment colony. Following the original expansion and the subsequent update, The Profit-Taker, Tenno must work alongside the community and Solaris United to locate, uncover, and solve a multi-part Operation and the mystery lurking below the surface. Player will earn unique items throughout the Operation, but they’ll need to take down a tremendous foe to unlock the final reward.
Instantly noticeable to players new and old is the integration of Melee Changes: Phase 1. With this first update, players will experience more fluid combat and a smoother, faster, bolder system. Beyond instant weapon-melee switching, when interrupting a melee combo with gunfire, dodging, bullet jumping, or any parkour, players’ next melee attack will resume the combo where it left off (within a window). Find more details in our Dev Workshop.
Players hungry for a new warframe play-style and visual aesthetic should enjoy Hildryn. Unlike most Warframes, she draws from her Shields to fuel her Abilities, while Energy works to recharge them. Take her to the skies and rain down destruction with a powerful set of offensive and team-based tools!
- Unlock Rewards: Earn unique items throughout the Operation such as an Emblem, Sigil, Amalgam Mods, and the Opticor Vandal
- Enhance Yourself: Earn Hildryn’s specialized new Surator Syandana and Asuron alt helmet, the Corpus Quaro Syandana, and wield her signature heavy weapon, the Larkspur
- Mod Your K-Drive: Earn increased Standing faster by competing in K-Drive races around the Orb Vallis and unlock new parts to customize the K-Drive
- Ephemera!: Earn new Ephemera effects in a variety of ways: Arbitrations, the Stalker, and Elite Sanctuary Onslaughts
- Limbo Deluxe Has Arrived: Become one with the Sentients as the illusive, deceptive Limbo! Available now in the Marketplace, the Limina Limbo Deluxe Skin, Tarock Thrown Blade Skin, Interga Sugatra, and the Sidereal Syandana are purchasable as individual items or as part of the Limbo Deluxe Bundle
- Tatsu Sword: Fearsome and noble, the elegant two-handed Nikana is the pride of any arsenal
- Curly Hairstyles: Give Operators a fresh look with one of three new curly hairstyles
Following last year’s open-world debut with Plains of Eidolon, Fortuna is a sweeping open-world landscape on the visionary terraformed planet of Venus, giving both players a chance to quickly access entirely new gameplay content, all for free. Explore the huge new terrain on foot, hop on the radical Bondi K-Drive Hoverboard, soar through the air via Archwing, or lose yourself exploring, hunting, mining, fishing, and facing off against the nefarious Nef Anyo. Buried Debts is the second major update to Fortuna, following The Profit-Taker, currently available on PC, PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch™.
Would you like to join the Warframe community? Head to our forums to start a conversation. Check our official website at www.warframe.com. To keep up with the latest updates from the development team, be sure to follow Warframe on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world’s top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games’ multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal, Unreal Tournament – and all its iterations – Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of more than 38 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.