Stellar Tactics Expands This Friday With Open World Universe Update
New release expands universe from one star system to 160,000, adds Exploration feature and unlimited missions
September 20th, 2018 — Maverick Games is proud to announce the imminent release of the open world universe content update for Stellar Tactics, a Sci-Fi RPG by industry veteran Don Wilkins now available in Early Access on Steam! Gather your team and embrace your destiny as you explore the far reaches of deep space. Combining party-based exploration, turn based tactical combat and space exploration, Stellar Tactics gives players the freedom to live in a massive procedural universe on a mission of discovery, exploration and unfettered progression.
A fusion of deep storytelling infused with thousands of years of lore, Stellar Tactics brings back the nostalgia, excitement and wonder of classic RPG’s and merges it with space exploration on a massive scale. With such a vast canvas to fill, Stellar Tactics will thrill players with 100’s of hours of sandbox, party-based exploration and a riveting story that will keep them glued to their screens for hours on end.
Inspired by such classics as Fallout 1&2, the early XCom series and Baldur’s Gate 1&2, Stellar Tactics is a hybrid, open world sandbox! Set in the future where hope has turned to tyranny and oppression, you will travel to the ends of the known universe in an effort to save humanity from the greatest threat it’s ever faced. Armed with epic weapons of power and forces that would tear normal beings apart, you will face many challenges, work for many factions and make hard decisions that affect more than you and your team of mercenaries. Will you be the hero you were forged to be or will use it for ill gain? The choice is yours, the consequences real.
“I’m thrilled to announce that the Stellar Tactics Universe will finally open on September 21st,” said Maverick Games founder, Don Wilkins. “Many years of hard work and the dedication and patience of players all over the world made this possible. The game is still in Early Access and there is a lot of work left to do, however, this patch is a major milestone and the first iteration of the Universe sandbox.“
Open World Universe update highlights:
- The universe expands from one system to 160,000 + with freeform exploration and endless missions
- Level cap raised from level 30 to 60 and skill caps raised to 100 for all active skills
- More content including two new armor sets and new mission exploration locations
- And much more!
Stellar Tactics is available now on Windows PC for $19.99.
FIGHT – Explore mutant infested bunkers on planets, take endless missions, and gather and build your crew
EXPLORE – A massive universe that blends ground based tactical combat, deep RPG mechanics and space exploration
SURVIVE – It will take all of your will, resources and skill to carve a place for yourself and your crew in a Universe at war
- Turn-based tactical ground combat, re-defined
- Space combat with a variety of ships which can all be upgraded with thousands of component variants
- Rich story and lore that covers over 20,000 years of history and culture
- Procedural universe generates a new game every time you play, with 10,000 sectors, 150,000+ systems and millions of planets
- AI driven NPC’s, each with an agenda, be that trading, raiding, or all out war against enemy factions
- 40 starships to buy, pillage, pilot and upgrade – from specialized trade vessels to combat vessels bristling with weapons
- A tiered loot system that generates limitless combinations of weapons, armor and upgrades for ships and your crew
- Freeform character development with a classless progression system – build any character you like from 20 core skills
- A deep and flexible perk system that doesn’t force you down pre-determined hierarchies
- Episodic content will continue to fill the sandbox with rich, story driven game play long after the initial release
About Don Wilkins
Based in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Don Wilkins has made games as a hobbyist and professional since 1980 when he first developed a text based Sci-Fi adventure game on a college mainframe. Since then, he has had the honor and privilege to work with some of the game industry’s finest at publishers like Sir-Tech Software, Sierra Entertainment and 3DO on games like Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura and the Wizardry, Tribes, and Unreal franchises among others. Don founded Maverick Games in 2016 to promote Stellar Tactics.