NINTENDO LABO: VEHICLE KIT VIDEO REVEALS NEW FEATURES AHEAD OF 14th SEPTEMBER LAUNCH
Start your engines… Only two weeks until the launch of Nintendo Labo: Vehicle Kit
3rd September, 2018 – To celebrate the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 03: Vehicle Kit which launches on 14th September for Nintendo Switch*, Nintendo has released an overview video that dives, drives and flies into more detail about this new Nintendo Labo kit. You can watch the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 03: Vehicle Kit overview video at the official Nintendo Australia YouTube channel.
Similar to other Nintendo Labo kits, there are several fun creations for fans to build – including a Car, Submarine and Plane – along with the following features unveiled in the video:
- A closer look at Adventure mode, one of the included games, in which players explore a mysterious world featuring pyramids, an archaeological dig site, snowy mountains and much more. Players use the Toy-Con Key to seamlessly swap between a car, plane and submarine to explore the deepest depths and highest heights of this world. Interact with a variety of intriguing characters as players explore and complete a variety of missions solo or co-op with a friend.
- Each vehicle has different controls and special moves – players launch a grappling hook from the submarine, do a barrel roll and shoot missiles with the plane, perform wheelies and deploy saw blades or bombs with the car, and more.
- Different included games offer a variety of fun experiences. In Rally, players pass through checkpoints while racing to the goal; Circuit is a racing game with a twist as players can launch punches at opponents; Slot Car is a classic game that is controlled using only the Toy-Con Pedal; and in Battle, racers can participate in one-on-one automotive combat with other players**.
- Paint Studio uses the Toy-Con Spray Can to let players personalise their in-game vehicles as well as the driver, gently shaking it to feel and hear the “ball” inside as they mix up the paint.
- Custom Controls, a new feature for Nintendo Labo exclusive to Vehicle Kit, lets players make their own controllers for the game with common household items. Want to ride a broom to steer the plane? How about drawing button controls on a customised screen protector for when playing in handheld mode? It’s a great way to get started with building unique Toy-Con creations.
- With the Toy-Con Car and Pedal, and after downloading an update after launch, players will be able to race against their friends in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for Nintendo Switch***. Take a first look at gameplay in the Playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with the Nintendo Labo: Vehicle Kit at gamescom 2018 video. It’s also possible for players to play using the Toy-Con Motorbike from the Nintendo Labo: Variety Kit.
Stay tuned to the Nintendo Labo website for more information about Nintendo Labo: Vehicle Kit.
To start making, playing and discovering right now, check out the Nintendo Labo: Variety Kit and Nintendo Labo: Robot Kit, which are available now. Plus, don’t forget the Nintendo Labo Creators Contest is accepting submissions from creative minds until 7th September, with a very special Nintendo Switch console available as a prize.
The latest Nintendo Labo: Vehicle Kit overview video highlights some of the modes and gameplay features available when Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 03: Vehicle Kit launches on 14th September for Nintendo Switch.
Nintendo Labo website https://www.nintendo.com.au/labo/
Nintendo Switch website https://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendo-switch/
Nintendo Australia website https://www.nintendo.com.au/
Nintendo Australia on Twitter https://twitter.com/NintendoAUNZ
Nintendo Australia on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo
Nintendo AU on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoAU