THE TENTH DOCTOR IS IN. THIRD EPISODE ANNOUNCED FOR UPCOMING DOCTOR WHO INFINITY VIDEOGAME
Launching This Summer on Steam and Mobile Devices, Third Episode Is Titled The Lady of the Lake
June 28, 2018 – “ALLONS-Y!”
Tiny Rebel Games today announced details for the third original episode for the upcoming Doctor Who Infinity video game. Called The Lady of the Lake, this newly revealed episode, featuring the Tenth Doctor, will be available along with previously revealed episodes, The Dalek Invasion of Time and The Orphans of the Polyoptra, when the game launches on PC and mobile this August. Three additional stories are slated to launch in 2018, with more adventures to follow.
Doctor Who Infinity brings the world of the Doctor to life in a brand new game, which will introduce an innovative new platform for the delivery of episodic, comic-book style game adventures. Each story is being crafted as a collaboration between Tiny Rebel Games and Seed Studio, along with a broad team of UK-based talent including well-known Doctor Who actors, writers and artists. Cardiff-based, award-winning audio designer and composer Stafford Bawler is providing audio direction. The multi-story game is packed with engaging, original Doctor Who stories for players to play through and enjoy – and each adventure will feature its own unique art style and author.
The Lady of the Lake is being written by Scott Handcock, author of many Doctor Who audio dramas and short stories; and is drawn by Neil Edwards, noted comic book artist whose work includes Marvel, DC, Doctor Who, Titan Comics and many others; and colored by John-Paul Bove, known for his colorist work on G.I. Joe, Doctor Who, Transformers, and Dylan Teague, known for his work as a comics artist and colorist for Doctor Who Magazine, DC Comics. The story is being narrated by Celyn Jones (as “Geraint”), a critically acclaimed and award-winning actor and screenwriter, who is known for films such as Set Fire to the Stars and Submergence and the TV series Joe. Other voices featured in the story include Katy Manning (as “Delyth”) and Marilyn Le Conte (as the eponymous “Lady of the Lake”).
Doctor Who Infinity stories previously announced include:
- The Dalek Invasion of Time: The first episode was written by George Mann, the critically-acclaimed author and screenwriter, including many Doctor Who stories; drawn by acclaimed artist and writer Mike Collins, known worldwide for his history of work with Doctor Who and other major comic properties; and colored by Kris Carter, who has a long history of working with properties such as Shrek, Torchwood and Doctor Who, among many others. The game is narrated by actors Michelle Gomez, who reprises her TV series role as Missy; Ingrid Oliver, who reprises her TV series role as Osgood; and Bella Ramsey, who voices new villain Freya in the game.
- The Orphans of the Polyoptra: The second episode was written by Gary Russell, writer for the Doctor Who TV series, novels and Doctor Who Magazine. The game’s art has been drawn by David Roach, noted inker of comic strips for Doctor Who Magazine; and also colored by Dylan Teague. The story is narrated by actor Katy Manning, who returns as Jo Grant, her role from the Doctor Who TV series, and also voices the enemy.
Doctor Who Infinity will launch this August on Steam and Green Man Gaming. The game launch for iOS and Android will follow later this summer, with mobile game pricing to be announced at that time. PC pricing options to include:
- PC Bundle: Includes stories 1 and 2: $11.99 US / 9.29 GBP / 9.99 Euro
- PC Large Bundle: Includes stories 1, 2 and 3: $14.99 US / 11.99 GBP / 12.49 Euro
- Story 3 and subsequent story launches: $5.99 US / 4.79 GBP / 4.99 Euro
Doctor Who Infinity is being published and developed by Tiny Rebel Games in collaboration with Seed Studios, and is under official license from BBC Studios. The new game is being funded as a joint effort between the Welsh Government’s Media Investment Budget and British game publisher/developer Double Eleven Limited.