Legend of Kay on Nintendo Switch™ in May
Vienna/AUSTRIA, April 6th, 2018: Be excited for May 29th 2018, as this marks the arrival of the quirky Action-RPG Legend of Kay on Nintendo Switch.
Since its initial release on the PS2™, Legend of Kay has been well received by both critics and consumers alike and was subsequently ported to the Nintendo DS™. 10 years later, the game has been remastered and ported to PC/Mac/Linux, PS3™, Xbox 360 and PS4™ and Wii U™ under the name Legend of Kay Anniversary
As Legend of Kay’s timeless style and genre haven’t lost their appeal – and THQ Nordic wants to continue its strategy of making the game available to players of all kinds of platforms – it will be coming to Nintendo’s latest console, Nintendo Switch on May 29th 2018.
About Legend of Kay Anniversary
Legend of Kay Anniversary is a thoroughly remastered version of the original game including high-resolution textures, new, more detailed character models, modern rendering techniques and crystal-clear surround sound, giving this great classic a new shine
Full of fond allusions to old martial arts films and pop culture quotes, Legend of Kay – Anniversary is both an incredibly funny game and a challenging action-adventure for young and old alike.
- 25 different levels with over 15 enemy types and epic boss battles.
- 3 different primary weapons (sword/hammer/claws) with distinct combat styles.
- Various mini-games such as wild boar racing, dragon flying and wolf riding.
- Online rankings: compare your score with your friends’ and compete against the best in the world.
About THQ Nordic
Founded in 2011, THQ Nordic is a global video game publisher and developer. Based in Vienna (Austria) and Karlstad (Sweden), with subsidiaries in Germany, Sweden, and the USA. THQ Nordic brands include Darksiders, MX vs. ATV, Red Faction, Titan Quest, Biomutant, and many more.
THQ Nordic is meant to represent a core approach of doing much more than “owning” a highly competitive portfolio of IPs. It revolves around cherishing them, and aligning them with the very best development resources to expand upon them with the level of experience that communities and established fan bases expect and deserve.
The company’s internal development studios are:
- Grimlore Games GmbH based in Munich (Germany)
- Rainbow Studios Inc. based in Phoenix, Arizona (United States of America)
- Mirage Game Studios AB based in Karlstad (Sweden)
- Foxglove Studios AB based in Stockholm (Sweden)
- Black Forest Games GmbH based in Offenburg (Germany)
- Pieces Interactive AB based in Skoevde (Sweden)
- Experiment 101 AB based in Stockholm (Sweden)
THQ Nordic shares are publicly listed on Nasdaq First North Stockholm under the ticker THQNB:SS with FNCA Sweden AB as its Certified Adviser. For more investor-related information, please visit: http://www.thqnordic-investors.com/en/
KAIKO is a video game development studio founded in 2014 by German industry veteran Peter Thierolf, located in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Developing games since the early 90ies, including Amiga classics like Apydia and Turrican 3, Peter Thierolf is one of the most experienced game developers in Germany. Before founding KAIKO, Peter was the technical director of the studio Keen Games for nearly ten years.
KAIKO is focused on the development of high quality console games, supporting all common video game platforms.