Fade to Silence – “Unity” makes strength
Next major update comes with a brand new region
Vienna/Austria, Offenburg/Germany, February 28th, 2018: Discover the mysteries of The Wreck, a new zone for Fade to Silence. The Wreck used to be a recreation area with a scenic view of the river delta before the apocalypse. Now, a massive freighter overlooks the area atop a ridge. Its containers are strewn about, creating labyrinths, corridors, and pockets. A deathtrap for those who wander there carelessly.
But you do not have to face the dangers of The Wreck all by yourself: A new companion is ready to be found and recruited, meet Ryme, the sneak! Walking through the wild, Ryme moves with the quiet grace of a shadow. A friendly survivor from a talented tribe, she’s eager to contribute to a new group. Ryme easily evades detection, therefore monsters have a harder time tracking Ryme, and she helps you sneak even more quietly, improving both hunting and monster evasion.
Alice? Who the **** is Alice?
Another new character makes it’s first appearance in the game. Until now, you’ve only briefly heard her voice: Alice, Ash’s daughter and the reason why he is still willing to fight the darkness, the monsters and the harsh winter. Ash and all other survivors have to fight for Alice’s survival, as well as their own. As a child, she cannot perform the same tasks as the adults. She is dependent on their success in scavenging food and resources, and for them to keep her safe.
Details about the Unity-Update
- Multiple performance improvements
- Multiple UI and HUD improvements
- Cleaned up and re-fitted Follower task icons w/ proper ones
- Updated radial menus, implemented auto-snapping for comfort
- Changed intro scene to include Alice
- Replace outpost stashes to show final behavior (mirror Camp Stash) + provide new loot for outpost cleansin
- Cosmetic changes the first shelter at the veil
- Dialog system for Followers + Alice
- Ingame Kinematics system for human characters implemented
- Multiple Monster AI & behavior improvements
- Spitters’ projectiles now home in on the player
- Adjusted ballista and mortar damage
- Improved the upkeep system
- Updated PC inventory slot size and inv.size bonuses granted by equippable bags for tiers 1 and 2
- Loca and text improvements
A large number of bugfixes is also part of the update, you can check all details in the game’s discussions page on Steam:
About THQ Nordic
Founded in 2011, THQ Nordic is a global video game publisher and developer. Based in Vienna, Austria and Karlstad, Sweden with subsidiaries in Germany, Sweden, and the USA, THQ Nordic brands include Darksiders, MX vs. ATV, Red Faction, Titan Quest, Biomutant and many more.
THQ Nordic is meant to represent a core approach of doing much more than “owning” a highly competitive portfolio of IPs. It revolves around cherishing them, and aligning them with the very best development resources to expand upon them with the level of experience that communities and established fan bases expect and deserve.
The company’s internal development studios are Grimlore Games GmbH based in Munich, Germany; Rainbow Studios Inc. based in Phoenix, Arizona; Mirage Game Studios AB based in Karlstad, Sweden; Foxglove Studios AB based in Stockholm, Sweden; Black Forest Games GmbH based in Offenburg, Germany, Pieces Interactive AB based in Skoevde, Sweden, and Experiment 101 AB based in Stockholm, Sweden.
THQ Nordic shares are publicly listed on Nasdaq First North Stockholm under the ticker THQNB:SS with FNCA Sweden AB as its Certified Adviser. For more investor-related information, please visit: http://www.thqnordic-investors.com/en/