HARMONIX RELEASES SUPER BEAT SPORTS™ ON NINTENDO SWITCH™
Swing, volley and score to the beat of the music with friends in this fast-paced multiplayer mini-game extravaganza
BOSTON – Nov. 2, 2017 – Rock Band™ and DropMix™ creators Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. have released Super Beat Sports™ on Nintendo Switch™. A perfect party game, this cheerful collection of sports-themed mini-games with a musical twist serves up fast-paced co-op and competitive fun for players of all ages. Super Beat Sports is available today for $14.99 via the Nintendo eShop.
Super Beat Sports dials up the fun of the original Beat Sports with a ton of Switch-exclusive features, including a totally new mini-game (Rhythm Racket), local multiplayer support for up to four players, improved UI, and a variety of bonus songs, costumes, bats and more. There is also a new Pro Mode for each mini game, introducing a challenge worthy of even the most rhythm-hardened veterans.
Players will face off against the beat-bouncing aliens of the Muzicalian galaxy with five energetic, rhythm-based mini-games:
- Rhythm Racket: Protect your goal and knock out the competition in this skill-based game full of radical ricochets and rhythmic free-for-all action! (1-4 players)
- Whacky Bat: Hit the Muzicalians’ pitches back at them, building swinging streaks in time with the music for maximum points. (1-2 players)
- Net Ball: Keep the volley going with perfect timing, but don’t let the Squibzes psych you out! (1-2 players)
- Buddy Ball: Put your reflexes to the test in this ball-bashing battle! (1-4 players)
- Gobble Golf: Match musical patterns to feed hungry aliens – the more you feed, the higher your score. (1-2 players)
Super Beat Sports features a variety of colorful levels, songs, characters, costumes and bats to customize your experience as you swing, volley and hit to the beat. With support for motion controls and HD Rumble using the Joy-Con™, each swing feels unique as you make your way through more than 100 levels, all running at 60 frames per second on Nintendo Switch in TV, tabletop and handheld modes.
About Harmonix Music Systems, Inc.
Harmonix Music Systems, Inc., based in Boston, MA, and established in 1995, is the leading developer of groundbreaking music-oriented video games. Harmonix was founded to invent new ways for non-musicians to experience the unique joy that comes from making music and has pioneered music and rhythm gaming in the US. For more information, please visit www.harmonixmusic.com.
©2017 Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Super Beat Sports and Beat Sports developed by Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. Beat Sports and all related titles and logos are trademarks of Harmonix Games LLC. Harmonix, Rock Band, DropMix and all related titles and logos are trademarks of Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.