THQ Nordic Partners with 343 Industries and Microsoft Studios for Physical Retail Release of Halo Wars 2 on Windows 10
Vienna, Austria – January 10, 2017: THQ Nordic is partnering with Microsoft Studios and 343 Industries to bring Halo Wars 2 for Windows 10 to retail stores worldwide via physical packaging release. In addition, purchases of the physical retail release of Halo Wars 2 on Windows 10 PC will grant digital access to the Xbox One version via Xbox Play Anywhere.
Both the Standard and Ultimate Edition of Halo Wars 2 will be available at retail stores with high-quality packaging. The physical retail release of Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition is stunning and provides fans with four-day early access to the core game, a Season Pass and Halo Wars: Definitive Edition, an enhanced version of the original Halo Wars that is playable on both Windows 10 and Xbox One as an Xbox Play Anywhere title.
Learn more about Xbox Play Anywhere: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere
“After working on so many titles together with Microsoft in 2016, we are stoked to start the year with another partnership. Being able to deliver such a big franchise to RTS and Halo fans alike, the opportunity to buy and own this game in a beautiful physical shape is something we appreciate a lot.” – Lars Wingefors, founder & Group CEO of THQ Nordic.
“For fans who love to own the box, we’re excited to partner with THQ Nordic and bring Halo Wars 2 to physical release on Windows 10,” stated 343 Industries Studio Head of Strategy Games Development Dan Ayoub. “THQ Nordic has been great to work with and we look forward to the game’s release on Feb. 21, 2017.”
Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition includes four-day early access, releasing on February 17, 2017, retailing at 64,99 GBP / 79,99 EUR/USD, and the Standard Edition will release on February 21, 2017, retailing at 49,99 GBP / 59,99 EUR/USD.
Halo Wars 2 Standard Edition
Release: February 21, 2017
RRP: 49,99 GBP / 59,99 EUR/USD
You will get:
– Halo Wars 2 for Windows 10 and Xbox One via Xbox Play Anywhere*
Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition
Release: February 17, 2017
RRP: 64,99 GBP / 79,99 EUR/USD
You will get:
– Halo Wars 2 for Windows 10 and Xbox One via Xbox Play Anywhere four days before the official release*
– Halo Wars Definitive Edition**, an enhanced version of the original Halo Wars that runs natively on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC, featuring improved graphics, additional Achievements and includes all of the DLC created for the classic real-time strategy game
– This physical version of Halo Wars 2 for Windows 10 requires a one-time, non-transferrable online activation at install with digital token
– The exclusive Season Pass***
*This physical version of Halo Wars 2 for Windows 10 requires a one-time, non-transferrable online activation at install with digital token
**Halo Wars Definitive Edition:
– Optimized to run natively on Xbox One and Windows 10
– Improved visual effects, graphics and audio
– Up to 4K resolution on Windows 10 PC
– All of the DLC created for the original game
– New achievements
– Bonus content
***The Season Pass delivers regular updates that span more than six months, including:
– New Leaders with abilities that change the course of multiplayer matches,
– New Units that add to your multiplayer arsenal,
– New Blitz cards to collect and take into battle, and
– New campaign missions that expand the Halo Wars 2 story
About THQ Nordic
Founded in 2008, THQ Nordic is a global video game publisher and developer. Based in Vienna, Austria and Karlstad, Sweden with subsidiaries in Germany and the USA, THQ Nordic brands include Darksiders, MX vs. ATV, Red Faction and Titan Quest. THQ Nordic is meant to represent a core approach of doing much more than “owning” a highly competitive portfolio of IPs. It revolves around cherishing them, and aligning them with the very best development resources to expand upon them with the level of experience that communities and established fan bases expect and deserve.
The company’s internal development studios are Grimlore Games based in Munich, Germany and Rainbow Studios based in Phoenix, Arizona.
THQ Nordic Website