ROCKET LEAGUE®’S ‘STARBASE ARC’ UPDATE AVAILABLE TODAY
Update to Include New Arena, New Premium Battle-Car, Steam Workshop Support, and More
SAN DIEGO, CA – December 7, 2016 – Independent video game developer and publisher, Psyonix, creators of the indie smash-hit Rocket League®, announced that its new space-themed update, Starbase ARC, will be available for download later today at 2 pm PST / 10 pm GMT. Starbase ARC features a FREE new arena and a premium DLC Battle-Car, Vulcan, both inspired by Psyonix’s critically-acclaimed mobile title, ARC Squadron.
Set in an octagonal space station orbiting a desert planet in a distant galaxy, Starbase ARC arena features starship battles, floating planetoids, and interstellar laser shows to create one of the most epic Rocket League® galactic atmospheres yet.
The Starbase ARC update also delivers one of the most requested community features of all time: Custom Training mode. This FREE new mode is available on all platforms and allows players to create their own training sequence where they can name, design, edit, and upload their sequences for other Rocket League® players to access via alphanumeric code. Full details regarding Custom Training can be found here.
Additional Starbase ARC updates include:
- Steam Workshop Support: Allows Unreal Engine 3 UDK users to create custom levels for the game via a Steam Workshop Uploader Tool. Find more information here.
- Arena Preference Selector: Highly requested feature allows players to “Like” or “Dislike” Arenas in the game to increase or decrease odds of playing on them again in online matches.
- ‘Champion Series IV’ Crate: The popular Champion Series continues with all-new exclusive garage items to help support Psyonix esports initiatives. Potentially unlock a new Import Battle-Car, animated Decals, Exotic Wheels, Black Market surprises, and more.
- Two Variant Arenas: ‘Wasteland (Night)’ and ‘Utopia Coliseum (Snowy)’ dropping into Exhibition and Private matches plus all ranked playlists.
- Redesigned SARPBC Vehicles: Free visual redesigns for the veteran Battle-Cars ‘X-Devil’ and ‘Gizmo’
- New Colorblind Mode: New ‘Color Blind Mode’ is available in the ‘Options’ menu, adding high-contrast orange and blue shades along with high contrast nameplates.
To learn more about the Starbase ARC update watch an all-new making of video HERE and visit the webpage HERE. The Starbase ARC FREE new arena will be available later today along with a premium DLC Battle-Car, Vulcan, for USD $1.99 (or regional equivalent).
Watch the Starbase ARC trailer HERE
# # #
ABOUT ROCKET LEAGUE®
Winner or nominee of more than 150 “Game of the Year” awards, Rocket League® is one of the most critically-acclaimed sports games of a generation. Boasting a community of more than 23 million players, Rocket League® is a high-powered hybrid of arcade-style soccer and vehicular mayhem that offers easy-to-understand controls and fluid, physics-driven competition. Available digitally on Xbox One, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC, Mac, and SteamOS via Steam, Rocket League® includes more than 100 billion possible customization combinations, a fully-featured offline season mode, multiple game types, casual and competitive online matches, and special “Mutators” that let you change the rules entirely.
Based in San Diego, CA, Psyonix is a critically-acclaimed independent video game developer and leading experts in Unreal Engine technology. For more than a decade, the studio has been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III, Unreal Tournament 2004, and the award-winning Sports-Action hit, Rocket League®.
For more information, visit www.psyonix.com.