FANTASY WAR TACTICS RECEIVES NEW CONTENT UPDATE FEATURING BLAZBLUE
Popular Fighting Game BlazBlue Meets the Definitive Mobile Strategy RPG in Latest Content Update for iOS and Android
Seoul – Nov. 22, 2016 – The journey to greatness continues for fans of Fantasy War Tactics as NEXON Korea Corporation, subsidiary of NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games, expands the world of its epic mobile strategy role-playing game (SRPG) with the “Fantasy War Tactics x BlazBlueCollaboration” update. Since its launch for Android and iOS devices in 2015, Fantasy War Tactics has reached over a million downloads in 153 countries. The new update is now available to new and returning players to download from Google Play and iTunes.
As an ambitious wizard bent on conquering the world, players make their way throughFantasy War Tactics utilizing their heroes’ character skills, the terrain around them, and their friends to help them in the heat of battle. The “Fantasy War Tactics x BlazBlueCollaboration” update will introduce four new characters from the popular arcade and console fighting video game series, BlazBlue. For a limited time, players will have the opportunity to extend their heroes’ adventures with a new area to explore and a new shop to obtain exclusive items.
The “Fantasy War Tactics x BlazBlue Collaboration” update also offers players:
- Four epic BlazBlue characters to recruit: Play as and unlock the powerful abilities of BlazBlue’s protagonist and Grim Reaper, Ragna the Bloodedge; the Hero of Ikaruga and Ragna’s brother, Jin Kisaragi; Successor of the Azure, Noel Vermillion; and vampire Rachel Alucard;
- Ragna’s Lost Island to explore: Uncover the mystery behind Ragna’s Lost Island, obtain Ragna’s gene fragment and defeat hordes of enemies scattered throughout the island (available until Dec. 8);
- Special BlazBlue packages: Buy exclusive special packages in the in-game lobby for exclusive costumes, equipment (such as the 3★SS) and other items (available until Dec. 8);
- Black Edition costume collecting event: Earn 1,000 crystals by collecting all four of the Black Edition costumes during the event period (available until Dec. 8);
- BlazBlue event shop: Earn coins from the World Conquest and Dungeons to purchase exclusive items, such as Noel’s Gene Fragments, Rachel’s Gene Fragments, the Winner’s Proof (4★ S), the Triumphant Bouquet, and more! (available until Dec. 14).
Additional information for members of the press:
- Fantasy War Tactics Official Homepage: https://fwar.nexon.com
- Fantasy War Tactics Official Forum: https://m.nexon.com/forum/4
About NEXON Co. Ltd.
NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO) is a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games. Founded in Korea in 1994, Nexon developed one of the world’s first graphics-based massively multiplayer online games. Nexon also pioneered the concept of microtransactions and the free-to-play business model, setting a new standard in which play is free, and users have the option to purchase in-game items to enhance their experience. Nexon currently services nearly 100 titles in more than 190 countries. The Company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and its shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
About NEXON GT Co. Ltd.
NEXON GT Co. Ltd. (“NEXON GT”) (041140.KQ) is leading developer studio and subsidiary of NEXON Co. Ltd. Founded in Korea in 2004, NEXON GT has developed numerous hits across online and mobile platform. Major titles from NEXON GT include Sudden Attack, Fantasy War Tactics and Monster Squad.