After being leaked the day before, it looks like that possibly Microsoft exclusive zombie game has actually turned out to be State of Decay 2. Undead Labs and Microsoft have announced during today’s E3 2016 press conference that they plan on bringing the game out in 2017 for the Xbox One and PC.
The biggest addition in State of Decay 2 is the ability for players to play in multiplayer with one another and work together to build lasting communities where the choices they make will help shape the world around them, though those who wish to survive alone can still do so. Check out the reveal trailer plus a fact sheet for the game below:
Play as a Community of Individuals in an Open-World Adventure
- There is no singular hero character. Play as an entire community — each survivor in the game is their own person, with a unique mix of background traits, skills, and attitudes that determine what they can do, what they want, and what they are willing to do to get it.
- Use your community’s unique array of individuals to forge a path through the game that is personal to you. Your choices shape the identity of your community, ensuring that no two stories are alike.
- Explore an open, simulated world filled with dynamic zombie and human enemies, friendly survivors to recruit into your community, and valuable resources and gear necessary to keep your people alive.
RPG Progression Systems for Individuals, Base, and Community
- Develop each survivor’s traits and skills to improve their capabilities and strengthen your community.
- Collect resources to build and fortify your base, unlocking crucial new facilities and valuable community options along the way.
- Elevate your favorite survivors to leadership roles in your community by heeding their advice and completing their goals, and unlock new community benefits and objectives that suit your leader’s ideals.
- Manage the relationships and goals of your survivors to build a strong community that has a lasting impact on the future of your world.
Four-player Co-op Multiplayer
- Play solo, or for the first time ever in the “State of Decay” franchise, with up to three of your friends.
- Invite friends to join your game, or drop into theirs. Work together as you explore the deadly post-apocalyptic environment, watching each other’s backs and sharing the rewards of your accomplishments.
- Each player maintains command of their own personal community and roster of characters.