WARFRAME UPDATE — THE SECOND DREAM — AVAILABLE NOW
Latest Update Brings First Cinematic Quest, New Archer Warframe, and More!
LONDON, On. (December 04, 2015) – Proving once again that there’s never been a better time to be a space ninja, Digital Extremes is excited to announce the launch of The Second Dream, the largest and most ambitious update yet for the AAA, Free-to-Play hit, Warframe®.
Launching for PC, The Second Dream brings a higher fidelity of storytelling to the game in the form of a cinematic-driven Quest that will ultimately answer the question many players — better known as Tenno — have been asking for nearly three years, “What is a Warframe?”
In addition to the introduction of the first cinematic quest, Tenno can look forward to the addition of Ivara — a brand new Archer themed Warframe — a new PvP map, Sortie Missions, tons of new gear and weapons, and more.
Everyone at Digital Extremes is thrilled to invite players into Warframe’s largest and most tight-lipped update yet – there is much content to be discovered. Keep an eye out at www.warframe.com for additional details about The Second Dream. Console Tenno, don’t fret. The Second Dream will reach PlayStation 4 and Xbox One before the end of the year!
Primary highlights of The Second Dream update include:
FIRST CINEMATIC QUEST: The Sentient Hunhow has enlisted the Stalker to destroy the Tenno by exploiting a long forgotten secret. A secret that cuts to the heart of what it means to be a Tenno.
Devoted Warframe players will have the opportunity to begin this Quest right away while new players entering Warframe will delight in completing several previous Quests before attempting The Second Dream.
NEW ARCHER WARFRAME: With her quiver of tactical arrows, this huntress prowls unseen and strikes without warning. Ivara’s Abilities are as follows:
- Quiver — Cycle through and shoot one of four tactical arrows:
- Cloak Arrow: Creates a defensive bubble that cloaks allies and shields them from attacks.
- Dashwire Arrow: Fires a zipline.
- Slumber Arrow: Induces a temporary slumber in target.
- Intrigue Arrow: Creates a noise at the point of impact to attract enemies.
- Navigator — Assume control of a projectile and guide it to its targets.
- Prowl — Become invisible, steal loot from unsuspecting enemies then go on the offensive with increased headshot damage.
- Artemis Bow — Summon a mighty bow and unleash a volley of devastating arrows.
NEW PvP MAP – OROKIN MOONBASE: Teshin’s Conclave expands across new grounds with weekly challenges available for his pupils in training. Vauban, Nekros, Mirage, Limbo, and Ivara join their peers in the Conclave. Battle for supremacy in the ruins of an Orokin Lunar outpost, and continue to master the Ways of Old.
NEW SORTIE SYSTEM: Sortie Missions are difficult endgame Missions for experienced Tenno that can be completed alone or with a group.
- Each Sortie Mission will have its own unique requirements or enemy modifiers, favoring Tenno that have a versatile Arsenal.
- Players can access Sortie Missions through the new Sortie Icon through the upper right hand corner of the World State Window in Navigation.
- Sortie Missions will change daily, and players must complete all three Missions to receive a reward from that Season’s pool.
- Each Sortie Season will last for a period of 15 days before cycling in a new Season with an updated loot table.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world’s top independent development studios in the interactive entertainment industry. The Canadian-based developer has a rich history in developing some of the industry’s top first-person shooter and action games. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games’ multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal, Unreal Tournament – and all its iterations – and continuing with such hits as Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3 and the multi-player campaign of BioShock 2. More recently, Digital Extremes earned critical acclaim for the development of first-person shooter, The Darkness® II, based on the comic book series of the same name and the use of its proprietary technology, the Evolution Engine™. The studio is currently developing and publishing the Free-To-Play action game, Warframe® available now on PC, PS4™ and Xbox One. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit the company website at www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.