Acclaimed Board game Designer signs deal with Slitherine
Victory and Glory: Napoleon is the first PC game designed by acclaimed board game creator Glenn Drover.
Essen 7th October, Today at Internationale Spieltage Spiel ‘15, the world’s biggest board game convention, Slitherine, the world leader in strategy and wargames, is announcing a partnership with the acclaimed board game designer Glenn Drover, creator of hit successes like War! Age of Imperialism (2002), The American Civil War (2002), Napoleon in Europe (2003), Sid Meier’s Civilization: The Board game (2003), Attack! (A WW2 themed Risk-style game – 2004), Railroad Tycoon: The Board game (2005), Conquest of the Empire (Roman Civil War – 2005) and Age of Empires III: The Age of Discovery (2007).
Victory and Glory: Napoleon is the first game fully designed for PC by Glenn Drover and scheduled to be release in January 2016
“With a staggering growth of 40% over the past year, the board games sector is vital and an ever growing source of inspiration for original gameplay mechanics”, said Marco A. Minoli, Director of Marketing at Slitherine. “Games are either coming straight from the board, like the recent, successful release of Heroes of Normandie, or are designed from the ground up by popular designers, such a John Butterfield’s Battle of the Bulge. Victory and Glory is a thrilling project, because it mixes mechanics created specifically for the digital platform, by a designer who’s used to work on the board to transpose PC games”.
Victory & Glory: Napoleon is a game of grand strategy and fast-play tactical battles where players take the role of Napoleon Bonaparte and attempt to dominate the entire continent of Europe. They move armies and navies, fight great battles, recruit new troops, and add new regions to their empire. The AI controls Great Britain and the other allied nations and troops that comprise an ever-changing alliance.
- The game mixes a grand strategy level map covering the whole Napoleonic Wars, from 1800 to 1818 and tactical battles
- Dozens of unique unit types (cavalry, infantry, artillery, and generals for each major nation and several minor nations).
- Over 100 unique ‘Event Cards’ with artwork by world-renowned Napoleonic Artist: Keith Rocco. Each card gives the player special unit upgrades, advantages in battle, new recruits, historical events, or political actions that can change the alliances or borders of the French Empire.
- Land and Naval Battles utilizing a fast-play abstracted tactical battle system.
- More detailed tactical battle system also available for larger battles.
Victory and Glory: Napoleon never plays the same way twice and has true infinite re-playability.
It includes six unique scenarios with different starting conditions:
- 1800: The Second Coalition
- 1805: The Dash for the Danube
- 1806: Who’s Next?
- 1809: The Austrian Phoenix and the Spanish Quagmire
- 1812: Into Russia
- 1813: Defending the Empire
The game also includes 10 Historical Quick-Play Battles to sharpen players’ leadership skills:
Marengo, Austerlitz, Eylau, Friedland, Wagram, Borodino, Luetzen, Bautzen, Dresden, Waterloo