Arrr!! Acclaimed Scurvy Scallywags Match-3 / RPG Mash-Up Now Plundering on Android Phones and Tablets
Hit game from Ron Gilbert and Clayton Kauzlaric is a free download on Google Play
WOODINVILLE, Wash. – May 28, 2014 – Scurvy Scallywags in The Voyage to Discover the Ultimate Sea Shanty, a pirate-themed mobile game from indie developer Beep Games, has come ashore for Android phones and tablets. The game is a free download from Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.beepgames.scurvyscallywags
Created by game industry veterans Ron Gilbert (Monkey Island, The Cave) and Clayton Kauzlaric (Voodoo Vince), Scurvy Scallywags is part match-3 game, part RPG, part Broadway musical, and entirely fun! Your customized pirate character appears on a classic-style match-3 game board, along with loot to be plundered, valuable quest items, and enemies who want you dead. When you match three or more tiles the board shifts in the direction you swiped, so you can use strategy to line up your pirate with items you need or avoid monsters stronger than you.
The unique Scurvy Scallywags received universal praise when it released for iOS last June, with accolades including perfect review scores from Slide to Play and Touch Arcade, an aggregate 84% Metacritic score, and a consistent 4.5-star user rating on the App Store. Gaming site Kotaku praised the game as “a puzzle masterpiece,” while consumer newspaper USA Today called it “a treasure worth discovering” with “music … as enjoyable as the challenging gameplay and humor.”
“We’re super excited that Scurvy Scallywags is available on Android,” said Ron Gilbert. “Super excited!” added Clayton Kauzlaric. Ron then started rambling on about programing stuff, and quite frankly, we stopped paying attention.
- Travel through four mysterious lands to find all 16 hidden verses of the Ultimate Sea Shanty, a long-lost ditty brimming with secret pirate lore by acclaimed composer Steve Kirk.
- Dress up your character in funny costumes, build ships, and choose from a long list of special abilities, moves, and weapons to give your pirate an edge in combat.
- Complete 50 achievements and keep plundering randomly generated islands long after you’ve finished the game’s main story.
- Innovative match-3 mechanic and donkey poop side quest.
- Optimized for Android phones and tablets!
About Beep Games, Inc.
Beep Games, Inc. is based near Seattle, Washington in the pleasant town of Woodinville. The company has been creating offbeat, quality casual games for mobile devices and PC since 2003, before it was cool. Beep’s ninth release, Scurvy Scallywags in the Voyage to Discover the Ultimate Sea Shanty, is the studio’s third iOS game and their first to release for Android phones and tablets.