STAR LORDS HITS NEXT MILESTONE WITH NEW ALPHA UPDATE ON STEAM EARLY ACCESS
New Features Include Shinier Graphics, New UI, Fleshed Out Domestic Policies, and More; Plus, New Screenshots
Haarlem, The Netherlands – February 28, 2014 – Development of Iceberg Interactive’s upcoming 4X space-strategy game Star Lords is progressing apace, as Arkavi Studios has provided a huge new update for its growing fan base. The new build offers gamers a streamlined, user-friendly UI, a more stable build, a more active and fleshed out domestic policies mechanic, an overall graphics update, a change in currency that encourages more exploration, and much more.
Details for the 16.0 Updated Build Include:
- Streamlined UI (game creation screen): Players now have a single menu with three tabs: Race Selection, Galaxy Settings and Game Settings. Each of these tabs has been greatly improved from the previous menus, with less cluttered and better organized information.
- Stability Improvement: a new series of experimental fixes will fix most (if not all) stability issues. Regretfully, some of these experimental fixes involve temporarily removing the weapon and armor ship parts from the game. These will be reinstated in a later build. It’s very important for Arkavi Studios to know if these fixes are working on a variety of PC configurations, so any feedback on whether or not the game still crashes for you is very important.
- Domestic Policies: The domestic policies mechanic has been fleshed out and further balanced, with various random events having an impact on the population’s approval of certain policies. Now, an event message box will pop up when the majority of the population disagrees with one of your policies.
- Bug Fixes: Among them, most (if not all) of the full-screen issues (such as the screen only displaying a part of the UI for example) should be fixed, the tutorial text is no longer out of bounds and the crashes on loading a game should be gone once and for all.
- Balancing: Some general balancing has been done, most importantly, every player now starts with 5000 BC, to make the early game more challenging, and exploration more rewarding, with valuable space debris having a bigger impact than before.
- Graphics Update: Improved backgrounds and updated the ship models for the Krifith Empire. More improvements in this aspect will be introduced incrementally.
In Star Lords, players take command of one race to join the struggle for supremacy in the galaxy. As the leader of an empire, players are tasked with exploring the stars, colonizing new worlds, managing an empire, and conquering whoever dares to oppose them. Within a framework of turn-based strategy and turn-based combat, Star Lords endeavours to differentiate itself by enabling players to beat their opponents by using generals, diplomacy, intelligence, trading, or plotting the downfall of enemies by financing wars against them or aiming to cause anarchy.
# # #
ABOUT ARKAVI STUDIOS
Arkavi Studios is an independent game development company, founded in 2013 in Leiria, Portugal. We are really passionate about what we do, putting our heart and soul into every game we make, and making the games we would like to play.
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. While keeping its roots in the European retail games market, Iceberg has rapidly increased its focus towards the global digital games market, by building strong direct relationships with dozens of Game Portals. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. With a distinct focus on the strategy, action, simulation and adventure game genres, the company has garnered attention with acclaimed releases including Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space among its 70+ game arsenal – with more promising games in the pipeline.
Play it cool!