JOIN THE FIGHT! NEW WORLD INTERACTIVE UNLEASHES INSURGENCY ON STEAM TODAY
Indie Studio’s 32-Player First-person Shooter
Aims for Tactics, Teamwork, and Leadership
Denver, CO — January 22, 2014 — Indie developer New World Interactive (NWI) is proud to announce the launch of its tactical, team-based first-person shooter INSURGENCY available on Steam. The intense online FPS, that PC Gamer calls “a ridiculously good time,” aims to distill one of the most popular gaming genres to its essence. INSURGENCY is available now for PC and Mac OS X, now at the sale price of $13.49 for a limited time from today, January 22, until Tuesday, January 28, a 10% discount from the SRP of $14.99. INSURGENCY will launch on Linux later this year. NWI has issued a statement to their community regarding their pricing, seen HERE.
“We’re very excited about the progress we’ve made over the past nine months,” said Jeremy Blum, founder and game director of New World Interactive, who was instrumental in the success of the award-winning mods Red Orchestra and Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat. “Early Access allowed us to build a community and actualize the full potential of our game, that otherwise would not be possible to reach this moment. We are very grateful for our dedicated fans that have remained loyal through this process.”
“This milestone release marks the end of the Early Access phase, since we have discovered the right direction and created a foundation for the game from months of experimentation, years of experience, and a decade envisioning what this gameplay experience should be,” said Andrew Spearin, designer and community manager of Insurgency and the co-founder of Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat. “Today, we look forward to unveiling what we have to the world, allowing more players to join our rapidly growing community and help evolve the game as we polish, refine, and build on top of the framework we have established.” NWI continues to update the game and has DLC plans included in the full price.
- Tactical squad-based gameplay
- Intense 32-player adversarial online action with a focus on teamwork
- Six-player cooperative play versus AI bots
- 10 challenging and fun gameplay defined by matchmaking play styles: Tactical Operation playlist (Firefight, VIP, and Search and Destroy modes), Sustained Combat playlist (Skirmish, Strike, and Push modes) and Cooperative (Checkpoint, Outpost and Hunt modes)
- Customizable arsenal featuring more than 20 realistic weapon types, seven attachments, and five ammunition types. Gear changes affect player weight, stamina, and movement speed:
Insurgent weapons: AKS-74U, MP-40, RPK, RPG-7, and more
Security weapons: Mk18, UMP-45, M9, AT-4, and more
Shared weapons: M67 frag, M18 smoke, C4, and more
- Several customizable and asymmetrical squad roles that affect movement and play style on the battlefield.
- Highly immersive audio with 3D VOIP to coordinate with and track other players
- Seven in-game maps:
Contact – Darkness brings a close quarters clash to the Iraqi streets
District – Cavernous streets and alleyways unleash lethality at every corner
Heights – With the spring thaw, an insurgent offensive emerges from the foothills
Market – Under a bright African sun, a crash site becomes a flashpoint
Ministry – An Iraqi government building is the scene of intense room-to-room clearing
Siege – Dusty streets and shops clear the way for a shoot out
Peak – Deep in the valleys of Afghanistan, a lone combat outpost awaits the inevitable
- Full support of Steam Achievements and Stats
- DLC post launch – providing updated gameplay, maps, and weapons with new implemented features that players desire to see in game
Built on Valve’s Source Engine, INSURGENCY supports up to 32-person multiplayer and six-player cooperative, and showcases a training level to ease the learning curve for newcomers. The game is built for Windows®PC and Mac OS X and is in development for Linux.
# # #
ABOUT NEW WORLD INTERACTIVE
New World Interactive (“NWI”) is an independent game studio specializing in the development of innovative digital entertainment. NWI is one of the pioneering developers of “Early Access” games, leading the way of iterative design and community building to help build the future of gaming.