Grinding Gear Games Partners with Garena Online to Bring Hit ARPG, Path of Exile, to Asia
Additionally, Path of Exile Releases First Post-Launch Update, Version 1.0.1
Auckland, New Zealand – November 12, 2013 – Following the successful release of their popular action RPG Path of Exile, Grinding Gear Games today announced that they have partnered with leading Southeast Asian publisher Garena Online to bring Path of Exile to gamers in Asia. Closed Beta is set to begin on November 14, 2013.
Garena Online is publishing Path of Exile in Asia, to give players a better gaming experience, beginning with a separate realm for the Malaysia and Singapore regions. This partnership is expected to expose millions of new gamers to Path of Exile while providing a version appropriate to the cultures and languages of these territories. Existing users who already play Path of Exile in areas that Garena will represent are able to continue to play the game on any desired server.
“We’re extremely excited about our partnership with Garena because they have demonstrated that they excel at bringing Western games to an international market,” said Chris Wilson, Managing Director of Grinding Gear Games. “We anticipate that this new audience will benefit the global Path of Exile community, and will allow us to expand the game even faster.”
Additional details can be found on the Path of Exile website at http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/581902 and on the Garena Online website at http://about.garena.com/details.php?press_id=10.
First Post-Launch Update is Live
Grinding Gear Games also announced that Path of Exile’s first post-launch update, Version 1.0.1, is now live. This robust update brings forth various new items, gems, achievements, and microtransactions, as well as Descent: Champions, the newest race event for the upcoming Race Season Five, which begins November 16. Seven biweekly content updates are planned between now and Path of Exile’s first major expansion, which will debut in March 2014.
Grinding Gear Games will regularly release videos to expand on and complement these updates, including patch previews, upcoming gameplay trailers, Developer Diaries, and a Build of the Week segment directly from Chris Wilson. Interested players should check out the Path of Exile YouTube page.
Key features for Path of Exile Version 1.0.1 include:
- Descent: Champions – This sequel to the highly popular Descent league has players create special characters to conquer difficult and elaborate dungeons not found in the main storyline. Forks in progression and a starting selection of league-specific unique items are among the main additions to this challenging new race event.
- Three new microtransaction effects including the Scion Dance Animation, Golden Spectral Throw, and Force Field Discipline Aura
- Three new player aura gems and one new support gem
- Five new unique items
- Eight new vendor recipes
- New achievements
- Regular video segments from Grinding Gear Games
- Dozens of other small enhancements
Path of Exile has already garnered a ton of critical acclaim in existing markets since its official launch on October 23, 2013, including top scores in recent reviews from leading game sites IGN and GameSpot.
Further information on Path of Exile 1.0.1, including the full patch notes, can be found at https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/606867.
About Path of Exile
Path of Exile is an online PC action role-playing game set in a dark fantasy world. Featuring ethical microtransactions, the game is free-to-play, but never pay-to-win. Playing as one of seven character classes, players find themselves banished for their past misdeeds to the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. There, they encounter hundreds of species of opponents laden with loot and mysterious artifacts as they explore the abandoned continent. www.pathofexile.com
Key features include:
- A dark and deep action RPG
- Unlimited character combinations with the game’s gigantic skill tree
- Combine skill gems to create unique combat strategies
- Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
- Download and play for free, but never pay-to-win
- Explore randomly generated levels for nearly infinite replayability
- Craft weapons, magic items and even end-game maps to become more powerful
- Cooperate or compete with thousands of other Exiles in a persistent online world
- Ascend online ladders in every game mode
- Battle in PvP tournaments for worldwide recognition
- Steam and Twitch integration
About Grinding Gear Games
Grinding Gear Games is an independent game studio founded in 2006 and based in Auckland, New Zealand. Its team members come from various countries and have a diversity of backgrounds ranging from artificial intelligence and software security to industrial design and professional tournament gaming. GGG recently released its flagship title, Path of Exile, and is committed to ongoing expansion and new content releases for the critically acclaimed game. You can find more information about Grinding Gear Games at www.grindinggear.com.
About Garena Online
Garena is a leading online game service provider. Its flagship online game platform, Garena+, is the largest social platform in Southeast Asia and Taiwan, designed for online gamers to meet, chat and play games with each other. Garena has introduced the latest premium online games on Garena+, including the award-winning League of Legends and other premium game titles, such as first-person shooter game Black Shot, real-time strategy game Heroes of Newerth and massively-multiplayer-online football game EA SPORTS™ FIFA Online 3.
For more information, please visit www.garena.com.