Konami have given us a whole stack of details for Pro Evolution 2013, with all new features and an unprecedented level of control in this series.
“We’re excited to take Pro Evolution Soccer back to its roots, which is all about freedom and control.” said Tomoyuki Tsuboi, President of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. “Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 is created, in part, by the vocal PES community, and with them, along with some new faces within the development team, we’re bringing in new features and gameplay mechanics that will invigorate the soccer community as a whole.”
Three major innovations for PES 2013 include FullControl, Player ID, and ProActive AI. Sure they’re nice fancy names, but what do they mean?
FullControl will apparently offer more control than any football game, and includes the following features:
- Total Freedom of Control: The new level of control allows for total freedom over ball control.
- Dynamic First Touch: New subtle ways to receive the ball, from traps to lifting it up for a teammate to run onto.
- Full Manual Shooting and Passing: You can now determine the height and power of each pass and shot, offering new varieties of ways to score and play.
- Dribbling: dribbling has been made much more realistic with close control being implemented. You can also vary the speed of your dribbles and move freely within a 360 degree circle.
- Full Manual One-Two: Active one-two passes can be made, with the second player being moved in any direction.
- Response defending: Full 360 control means that players can check runs and steal balls from a parallel position, and a whole new range of defending techniques.
- Goalkeepers: Distribution will be more precise thanks to higher levels of control.
Player ID focuses on individual characteristics and movements, including:
- Player individuality: You’ll instantly recognise the very best players through their signature attributes, skills and tricks as well as the way the run, turn and move the ball. run, turn, trap and move the ball, shape to shoot, and even celebrate will be noticeably different during play.
- Goalkeeper Individuality: New animations and play styles as well as saves and reactions to ensure the keeper’s are up to the standards in real life.
ProActive AI unites control and realism, with AI finding space and working in a way which will benefit the player to the fullest. its those at the top of their games.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 will be out later in the year for PS3, Xbox 360, PC, PS2, PSP, 3DS and Wii. Check out the first trailer for PES 13 down below.