You may remember that House of the Dead: Overkill has already been released on the Wii, and this Extended Cut adds plenty of new things to the title, but so far not much of what has been added has been spoken of. Sure there is the graphics enhancement and the fact you use a black and glowing version of the Wiimote, sorry Move as the controller.
Sega has posted a whole slew of new information on the PlayStation Blog as to what we can expect to see when House of the Dead: Overkill Extended Cut is released to stores on October 25th. These changes include a baby mutant type, a crossbow weapon and two levels that weren’t in the Wii version of the game. You can see the full list of additions below.
Full list of new features below:
* PlayStation Move and Sharp Shooter compatible
* OVERKILL fully remastered – available in high definition, with stereoscopic 3D for the first time ever
* Extended with 2 additional levels not featured in the original game
* Exclusive crossbow weapon
* New baby mutant type
* New Hardcore Mode – mutants can only be killed with headshots
* New Classic Mode – play through the entire game using only the AMS Magnum
* Exclusive Missing Reel – an extended boss fight with “Mother” in “OVERKILL”, the game’s final level
* Online leaderboards to track high scores and player statistics
* Collectibles to grab throughout all levels to unlock bonus materials; comic pages, music tracks, 3D models and 2D artwork
* New PlayStation Trophies to unlock
* Improved boss fights in all levels
* New and improved cutscenes using motion capture