More and more developers are taking the plunge to get players to explore the mysteries of the deep. Cosmonaut Games is now bringing out their latest title, “Dive: The Medes Islands Secret” to release soon on the WiiWare download service. This title takes players underwater across 10 different real world locations recreated for the new action/platformer. Players will face many enemies, discover hidden labyrinths, and find many treasures in the deep. You can also upgrade your equipment over time so you may dive even further into the unknown.
“It was in the Great Medes Monastery, in 1412, where Martin I “The Human”, leader of an Order of the Temple and long-time resident of the island, was buried. The secrets of the Order were also buried with him, where they would be sealed in the same crypt and kept through the centuries. But two hundred years later, an earthquake split the island in two and the crypt disappeared into the depths of the Mediterranean Sea.”
As John Sanders, you must now set out to the Medes Islands located in the heart of Spain to uncover all of the secrets of this mysterious place.
- Spectacular graphics. The marine flora and fauna have been recreated in detail, making the most of the Wii™’s graphics and storage capacities of the WiiWare™ service.
- 3 Levels of difficulty. Three different levels of difficulty have been prepared, suited to the requirements of the players.
- 10 Levels: Accompanied by 10 different real locations. During his adventure, John Sanders will travel to the Medes Islands, Cap de Creus, Cayman Islands, Tortuga Island, Bermuda or Santorini.
- Size of the Levels: The levels are very large and filled with mazes and enemies that will make it difficult to achieve the objectives.
- Treasures: There is a wide variety, from sunken ships to ancient underwater civilizations.
- Reusability: With different objectives at each level, players can return to any one of them to complete them, lengthening the total playing time.
- Shop: Economy system and ability to manage diving equipment. Without the necessary upgrades, players will not be able to reach certain areas of the game. Players can upgrade their Wetsuit, Diving Cylinders, Fins, Speargun and Diving Torch.
- Achievements: Where the treasures and discoveries achieved by the player during the adventure can be viewed.
- Expedition Diary: Where John Sanders will reveal the different plots in the game’s story.
- Enemies of all types, from giant Octopuses to Sharks, as well as Barracudas, Jellyfish or Manta Rays.
- Use of the most relevant features of the Wii Remote™
- Orchestral soundtrack that accompanies the entire game and was composed by El Topo Negro.
Nothing is better than an underwater journey with great music to create a setting perfect to dive into. On July 26th, Dive: The Medes Islands Secret releases for the WiiWare. July 30th for the UK and Europe. Check out the trailer below to get a look at what you can expect to this oceanic journey. You can get more news on the release over at Cosmonaut’s Official Page here.