Serious Sam developer Croteam has just released their philosophical puzzle game The Talos Principle on Steam. The game is written by Tom Jubert (FTL, The Swapper) and Jonas Kyratzes (The Sea Will Claim Everything). Players will find themselves in a bizzare, contradictory world of ancient ruins and advanced technology where you must solve a series of increasingly complex puzzles while trying to decide what to do about your situation. Do you just accept what is going on or do you ask just who are you, and what is your purpose here?
Features of the game include:
- Overcome more than 120 immersive puzzles in a stunning world.
- Divert drones, manipulate laser beams and even replicate time to prove your worth – or to find a way out.
- Explore a story about humanity, technology and civilization. Uncover clues, devise theories, and make up your own mind.
- Choose your own path through the game’s non-linear world, solving puzzles your way.
- But remember: choices have consequences and somebody’s always watching you.
The game is now available on Windows, Mac and Linux for a suggested retail price of $39.99 USD on Steam. It is available for purchase here. The game is currently on sale for $35.99 USD and will be available next year on PS4 and Android systems.
A prequel to the game, Sigils of Elohim, is available for free on Steam. A trailer of the game is available below, and a free demo of the game, is also available on Steam for anyone interested in seeing what the game is like.