Rapture can now be explored on your mobile and tablet! BioShock is out today for the iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, iPad 4, iPhone 5S and later iOS devices, from 2K. At an RRP of $18.99, BioShock on mobile brings the full console experience, with optimized touch controls and full Bluetooth and Made for iPhone (MFi) game controller support.
As a sweet bonus, the game also includes a new leaderboard system, in-app digital artbook (based on the original Special Edition), and new player profile function that enables players to compare stats with their friends, such as number of enemies killed, plasmids/weapons used and much more. There’s also Game Center support, as expected. Here is an official list of features for BioShock on mobile:
- Explore an incredible and unique art deco world hidden deep under the ocean;
- Collect an arsenal of weapons, ranging from standard firearms such as the pistol, machine gun and shotgun, to makeshift explosives such as the grenade launcher, chemical thrower, and crossbow;
- Upgrade weapons at a series of one-time use Power-to-the-People stations scattered throughout the city for added capabilities, including decreased kickback, increased rate of fire, bigger clip size, or additional damage;
- Augment the body with Plasmids to empower the player with dozens of super-natural abilities that range from spawning mini-tornadoes or bolts of electricity from ones hands, to igniting flammable objects, or controlling nearby security devices;
- Control the city of Rapture by reprogramming enemy security bots into personal bodyguards, modifying vending machines to change item prices, and transforming machine gun security turrets into useless pieces of metal;
- Make meaningful decisions as the player decides to either leave the underwater dystopian city in a rapid state of decline as part of an effort to save themselves, or risk it all to become their saviour.
Purchase BioShock for your iOS device here.Related Articles for this post below: