Iceberg Interactive and Zero Sum Games are proud to announce StarDrive 2, the revolutionary strategy turn-based sequel to the successful original PC title, will be coming to Steam, other digital channels and boxed retail for PC, Mac and Linux this September.
Daniel DiCicco, CEO of Zero Sum Games stated, “StarDrive 2 represents the culmination of two decades of love for the 4X genre and five years of work on the StarDrive universe. Here we have taken everything we have learned – our successes, our failures, and our passion – and made a 4X game that we are incredibly proud of. We are dedicated to our community and we’re excited to start showing off StarDrive 2 to our fans.”
StarDrive 2 takes players on a galactic exploration and extraordinary mission to build a space empire and command huge fleets in an immersive universe, filled with nine alien races, pirate factions, galactic lore and mystery. As the galactic ruler of a race, players must lead their people to exploit planets, navigate asteroid belts, and overcome deep space dangers while managing diplomacy and espionage to strategically benefit from interspecies relations.
StarDrive 2 features:
- Battle Arena Mode for quick-fix battles against AIs
- Research new technologies that are unique to your race
- Build and customise ships for spectacular real-time battles
- Hire unique heroes to govern your worlds or command mighty fleets in battle
- Unlock new weapons, ship hulls and modules to upgrade warships
- Trading Cards, Achievements and Steam Workshop, for players to create and share their own in-game heroes, events, Battle Arena campaigns, ship modules, weapons, sound effects, and more.
As a reward to owners of StarDrive franchise, Iceberg and Zero Sum will provide a loyalty discount of 33% on StarDrive 2 from the standard retail price of $29.99. Before the sequel arrives, be sure to check out StarDrive on the official site here and expand your galactic empire!Related Articles for this post below: