The time is drawing near. Dark Souls II will be out in exactly one month (March 13th), and Bandai Namco has announced a bonus for players who pre order the game. If you are a player who pre-orders either the Black Armour or the Collector’s Editions of the game, then you will get a DLC voucher code for the exclusive Black Armour Weapons Pack. The pack contains five sets of weapons that are sure to help you along your journey through the desolate kingdom of Drangleic.
The weapon pack contains the following sets:
- Black Flamestone Dagger and Black Flamestone Parma – A dagger and shield encrusted in Black Flamestone both found in the Gutter at Black Gulch. Even though they are heavier than a normal dagger and shield, the Flamestone crystal’s unique properties make the dagger extremely sharp and give the shield high resistance to damage.
- Yellow Quartz Long Sword and Yellow Quartz Shield – A straight sword and small shield hardened with yellow quartz both uncovered at the bottom of the Iron Keep. Even though these items can break easily due to their high level of corrosion, they are exceptionally light and their power to inflict damage has not declined.
- Bound Hand Axe and Bound Wooden Shield – A brutal hand axe and shield found in the Undead Purgatory. Both items are wrapped in chains and thorns to cause additional bleeding on enemies. Both the axe and shield have diminished in overall slashing power but their ability to deliver pain has been deliberately increased.
- Homunculus Mace and Homunculus Wooden Shield – A mace and shield with spherical protrusions found in Aldia’s Keep. Although heavier than normal maces and shields, the hard protrusions greatly increase the striking power of the mace as well as the shield’s defensive capabilities.
- Transgressor’s Staff and Transgressor’s Leather Shield – A staff and leather shield entwined with an unknown and seemingly lackluster element; these items are found in the Dark Chasm of Old. They have become a catalyst for sorcery and hex and cause an effect known as Darkness.
So do you like the idea of being able to get early access to weapons and armour at the beginning of your Dark Souls II quest, or does it fly in the face of everything the franchise stands for? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below, and for an in-depth look at the first few hours of the game be sure to check out our coverage. As always, for all the Dark Souls II news as it becomes available be sure to stay tuned to Capsule Computers.