After a short break of new champions, Riot Games created a new combatant that has been in the works for quite some time. Elise, the Spider Queen will cross over to the Fields of Justice in the upcoming League of Legends patch. Not likely to be crushed by any boot, Elise is a transform champion that can shift between a human mage and spider form. Let’s take a look at her abilities and lore.
Abilities (Human Form)
- Spider Swarm (Passive): Elise’s Human Form spells will ready a spiderling when cast on an enemy.
- Neurotoxin: Elise damages a target based on its current Health.
- Volatile Spiderling: Elise releases a venom-gorged spiderling that explodes when it nears a target.
- Cocoon: Elise fires a skillshot that stuns the first enemy struck.
- Spider Form: Elise transforms into a menacing spider with new abilities. While in Spider Form, Elise deals magic bonus damage on attack and has increased Movement Speed, Armor, and Magic Resistance. Each level of her ultimate allows Elise to summon an additional spiderling.
Abilities (Spider Form)
- Spider Swarm (Passive): Elise summons her spiderlings to fight by her side. Spiderlings deal physical damage and take reduced damage from multi-target abilities.
- Venomous Bite: Elise lunges forward and bites her target, slowing them and dealing bonus damage based on how low its Health is.
- Skittering Frenzy: Elise and her spiderlings gain Attack Speed and heal her on each attack.
- On enemy cast: Elise and her spiderlings ascend high into the air and descend upon an enemy target.
- On ground cast: Elise and her spiderlings ascend high into the air, becoming untargetable for two seconds. Casting Rappel on a nearby enemy during this time will descend upon your target.
- Human Form: Elise transforms into a human form with new abilities. Each level of her ultimate allows Elise to summon an additional spiderling.
Before becoming the Spider Queen, Elise was a charismatic and deceitfully evil leader of a spider god cult. One day in the halls of her dark community, she emerged with a band of her loyal subjects to embark on a journey to find the shrine of their spider god. A long journey took its toll on the group, but finally the Shadow Isles came into focus. Up reaching the shores of the shrouded Shadow Isles, the group came to find a cavern – not a shrine – covered in large webs. As Elise raised her arms in triumph, her loyal subjects drew a gasp in fear as spider-like legs appeared out of her flesh. Terrified her subjects began running away from the cavern, but Elise stopped them with magical webbing. Elise let out a deafening screech calling out an ancient evil that lurched inside the cave. An undead spider slowly crept out into the clearing with its massive body on sharp, pointed legs. Soon screams could be heard amongst all of the Shadow Isles as the spider slowly devoured Elise’s subjects. The undead creature had became sated of its hunger of flesh and allowed Elise to take from it the spider’s deadly toxin.
Elise then drank from the vile toxin and experienced a rejuvenation through her cursed veins. Escaping mortality’s aging once again, she rejoined her congregation. Elise was deceitful in telling the story of the transpired events and spoke of her subjects staying to praise the spider god. She reassured her subjects there would be another journey, and that the spider god would be awaiting their return…Related Articles for this post below: