If you’re a lover of the Magic the Gathering card game, then this little piece of news goes out to you! Wizards of the Coast is hosting an official ‘Celebration Day’ dedicated to all fans, new and old. For those unfamiliar with the card game in general, it’s probably the best time to start playing! Never had the chance to join in Friday Night Magic? Then see what you’re missing out on during this weekend event! There are freebies to be given out and great prizes to be won in the process! A list of local stores at which the event is being held is available online now! Check out the official invite and participating store from Wizards of the Coast newspost below!
Attention all Planeswalkers!
Magic Celebration takes place later this week in participating local stores on September 8, 2012. Make your way down to participating stores for free gameplay, fun, and prizes!
Magic Celebration is a special no-charge event where new and existing players can get together and celebrate all things Magic: The Gathering! Magic Celebration is also the perfect way to take your skills from Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 video game and apply them to the real life card game! After the huge level of success last year, 2012’s event will be even bigger.
There is plenty to do during Magic 2013 Celebration:
- Play in a free Mini-Master event with your friends, compliments of Wizards of the Coast!
- Start with a complimentary Magic 2013 booster pack and earn up to three more!
- Join your local Magic community as you play complimentary Magic and complete your Celebration Achievement Card.
- Earn the exclusive Magic Celebration Achievement for your Planeswalker Point account!
- Pick up a flyer with a Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 promo code** and a callout for upcoming Magic release, Return to Ravnica!
- Ask your event organizer how you can earn one of the foil paper hats featuring the iconic horns of Magic’s ultimate evil mastermind, the dragon Planeswalker Nicol Bolas!
The Magic 2013 Celebration play format is Mini-Master. Mini-Master, also known as “Pack Wars,” is a great way to have a lot of fun opening boosters. To play, simply grab three of each basic land, open your booster and add the land to it. Then, find another player and battle! Magic Celebration organizers may run additional formats if people are interested, so bring your Standard or Commander deck, and face a greater challenge!