Although some locales have had this app available for awhile now, Australian and New Zealand Xbox console owners can now download the MLB.TV app.
Thats right, “fans around the world can now designate their favourite teams to ensure the live games, recaps and highlights they care about most are at the forefront each time they turn on their Xbox. International audiences are able to watch every regular season Major League Baseball game without blackout restrictions live in HD with MLB.TV Premium. That’s 2,430 games live or on-demand — almost 100 games per week during the regular season, right on Xbox 360. And with Kinect, fans can even play, pause, and rewind the game with their voice or a wave of their hand.”
Of course, to sign into the app, you will need a Gold Subscription to Xbox Live and an MLB.TV Premium subscription, which costs $114/year or $25/month.
Nevertheless, the app does offer quite a few services. For more information, check out the press release below:
Premium on Xbox LIVE features include:
- · Live Games, Recaps, and Archived Games – With an MLB.TV Premium Subscription, international audiences can enjoy every live regular season game without blackout restrictions, or catch it later from the game archives, which include the 2011 season as well as this season. Short game recaps, which give you the ability to take in the game in less than 5 minutes, are also available to all Xbox LIVE Gold Members, as well as a free Game of the Day.
- · My Teams – Fans can select their favourite teams and put them front and center. MLB.TV on Xbox LIVE will make the live games, archives and recaps for favourite teams appear front-and-center so they can be accessed quickly and easily.
- · Every game in HD – MLB.TV delivers every game in beautiful streaming HD, and most games give every fan the option of the Home or Away audio feed.
- · Mini Guide – The Mini Guide gives fans a quick preview of all of today’s games right at the bottom of the screen, and makes it easier than ever to switch between games.
- · Split Screen – Fans want to keep an eye on the league while taking in their own team, so MLB.TV on Xbox LIVE is adding Split Screen technology, allowing them to watch two games at once. Watch live games on both screens or a live game on one while catching up with a game recap or archive game on the other. It is even possible to control both screens independently; pausing and rewinding each separately ensuring never a second of the action is missed.
- · Gesture Control and Voice Control with Kinect for Xbox 360 – Focus on the action instead of looking for the remote. Navigate through the Content Guide, skip to the next inning, or play, pause, and rewind that double play…. all with the wave of a hand or the sound of a voice with Kinect for Xbox 360.
MLB.TV Premium joins services such as FOXTEL on Xbox 360, SBS ON DEMAND, ABC iVIEW, ninemsn video, YouTube and VEVO on the Xbox 360.
Check out MLB.TV for more on pricing.Related Articles for this post below: