3G Version Popular As Pre-Orders Open In Japan

Sony PS Vita News

Over in Japan, pre-orders for the highly anticipated Playstation Vita opened to the public. There were long lines at some stores, but other stores had no one. Some did not promote the pre-orders. The growth of online shopping might contribute to this as some would have decided to use sites such as Amazon Japan.

According to Sinobi, retailer and blogger, the 3G version of the handheld is the more popular version that was pre-ordered with 65%. The other 35% was the Wi-Fi only version. They have also provided details for memory cards. Out of all of the pre-orders, 82% had memory cards added to their pre-order. 72% of those who had added memory cards went for the 32GB storage option.

Software is a different story. The ratio (console to software), according to Sinobi, was roughly 1:1. Ok, it isn’t really the best figure, however, it is still too early to call on the reception of the massive launch lineup. Some of these people may be waiting for reviews or wanting more information.

By the way, I do believe the reason the 3G version is more popular due to the first 500,000 units having a 3G pre-paid card of 100 hours for free. It is a very tempting offer, one, it seems, people can not refuse.

Josh is the name, writing is my game... well my degree will say that. But, when uni gets me down (and it does), there is no better way that to grab a chair, sit back and slicing up some Darkspawn I started my gaming interest back in the good old 16 bit era with the Sega Mega Drive and Sonic The Hedgehog 2. I was roughly five years old. To this day I still try to fire up the dusty companion and speed through the wacky and bright levels, jumping on some Badniks, collecting those damn Chaos Emeralds. Then I moved onto Sony's disk based console the Playstation (thanks to my uncle). Since then I have picked up each of Sony's consoles from the 5th to current generation that has been released in Australia (with more to come). In terms of writing about games, I am quite new to the field. I started out late last year with my own blog before deciding to move to greener pastures. I have written a few reviews for the Playstation 3 and Playstation Portable. Features as well. I hope I can flex my muscles while writing with Capsule Computers. If I'm not gaming, however, I'm writing narratives. I am currently trying to kickstart a high fantasy novel (which, hopefully, turns into a complex RPG) that I want done in five years or so. My passion of writing has been there for a long time and has flourished as I grew. I'm into the fantasy genre, both games and novels, and thoroughly enjoy a deep and complex RPG, whether it comes from the East or West. Oh and anime is awesome!
  • IIxiTzDaniel.

    Looks awesome i might go buy 1 =)!

    • Joshua Spudic

      I’m with you. I hope that Australia gets a similar deal with the 3G version, as well as whatever region you are in, IIxiTzDaniel. Definitely a tempting incentive to purchase the 3G model.

Lost Password