Today SEGA announced that in true fighting game fashion, Virtua Fighter 5 will receive an update/expansion as a standalone title for both Xbox LIVE Arcade the PlayStation Network, titled Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown. Final Showdown will include an entire overhaul of Virtua Fighter 5’s mechanics, balance and animations, as well as the inclusion of all new game modes and fighting arenas, and a gigantic collection of customisable character items. The main attraction however, will be two all-new characters added to the roster: Taka-Arashi from Virtua Fighter 3 and new-commer Jean Kujo. Check out these all new features announced in SEGA’s Press Release below!
- Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown contains the definitive version of VF5, refined over the years since its original arcade debut. The new release also adds an extensive list of features never before seen on consoles. VF5FS will include:
- The Perfect Fighting Experience: Virtua Fighter 5’s signature style of hand-to-hand combat, with revised mechanics, balance, timing and more, along with simplified controls for new players while retaining the depth that veterans demand
- Dynamic and Interactive Arenas: Fighting areas in new shapes and sizes, including arenas with fences and walls that are different for every round – take unexpected advantage of fighters’ new wall-based moves, or break through the fences with special attacks
- A Mode for Every Fight: Dominate the leaderboards with Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown’s extremely responsive one-on-one online battle system, widely praised for having little latency, or take on an army of opponents yourself in a new single-player mode
- Customized Combatants: Enter the ring with one of 19 playable characters, including fan favorite Taka-Arashi from Virtua Fighter 3 and an all-new character, Jean Kujo, and customize them with unique costume and character items
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown is expected to be available in Summer 2012.Related Articles for this post below: