The battle for Cybertron continues as Activision Publishing having announced the availability of a new characters pack for Transformers: War of Cybertron on both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Based on Hasbro’s legendary Transformers brand, the downloadable content pack will include two new playable Transformers characters and five all-new maps for the multiplayer game modes.
The new playable Transformers characters joining the roster will include Zeta Prime and Dead End. Players will have access to both characters for both the game’s co-operative Escalation mode and for the traditional competitive multiplayer modes.
In addition to the brand new playable chassis, the pack will include five brand new multiplayer maps.
Two new Escalation mode maps include:
- Pulse. An Autobot map that allows players to take a journey inside the Decepticon giant Trypticon, challenging fans to explore his twisted interior corridors to overload the central power core located within.
- Static. A Decepticon map that thrusts players into a bevy of multi-level rooms riddled with environmental traps that can be used for their advantage.
Three new competitive multiplayer maps include:
- Horizon. A picturesque sanctuary overlooking the war-torn Autobot city of Iacon, complete with wide open courtyards and tight spaces for close quarters combat.
- Sector. An old maintenance facility used by the Decepticons during the legendary war and allows for open vehicle navigation, especially dive-bombing jets and those with long range weapons.
- Metropolis. Set high above the clouds, Metrolpolis drops players straight into the bombed out ruins of a high rise Iacon city building. Liquid energon drips from broken pipes and sparking electricity crackles from severed wires as it was once served as a fierce central battleground on Cybertron.
The Transformers: War for Cybertron Map and Characters Pack 2 is currently available on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points and in the Playstation Store for $9.99.