Music games really do seem to touch base with every fan out there from rock to pop, country and now even music now coming from Andrew Lloyd Webber’s classic musicals. Music from the famous “Cats” or the “Phantom of the Opera” will now be joining the already huge collection on content in the popular singing game.
Douglas Glen, Head of Digital for The Really Useful Group says: “With the video gaming sector having evolved from its male-dominated roots towards a more family-oriented demographic, we’re very pleased to partner with Microsoft in releasing some of the best-known brands in musical entertainment to their global Lips audience”.
From August 13th 2010, Lips players will be able to access the Andrew Lloyd Webber song packs through the ever expanding “Lips Music Library” (accessible through all titles in the “Lips” series) through Xbox LIVE, for as little as 160 Microsoft Points.
The following Game Add-ons will be available to download via Xbox LIVE:
- “Memory” – Elaine Paige (Cats)
- “All I Ask of You” – Cliff Richard & Sarah Brightman (Phantom of the Opera)
- “Love Changes Everything” – Michael Ball (Aspects of Love)
- “Don’t Cry For Me Argentina” – Elaine Paige (Evita)
- “The Phantom of the Opera” – Steve Harley & Sarah Brightman (Phantom of the Opera)
- “Any Dream Will Do” – Donny Osmond (Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat)
Someone needs to also send a note to Microsoft for classic TV themes to join the mix. Ya know, Chip & Dale, Duck Tales, or any theme from any 80’s sitcom. With the way releases are looking, anything seems to be possible at this point.