Grab your watering can and head to Planimal Point in this collecting and farming action RPG with a twist
Manchester, UK – 27th January, 2022. Merge Games and Maple Powered Games are delighted to announce that following a hugely successful launch on PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox 360, the action farming RPG Monster Harvest launches today for PlayStation 5.
Dig deep into the soil of Planimal Point, as a new resident looking to set up roots, with a truly unique twist on the farming simulator genre. Monster Harvest taps the creative mind of players, and its burgeoning community, with a host of mix and match harvesting solutions, with mutant companions at the core of this chemistry equation, and an engaging turn-based battler system.
Utilising the power of the PlayStation 5 console, Monster Harvest looks and plays even better with upscaled 4K visuals, improved performance, stability and framerate. Players can now feel even closer to the action with the addition of new PS5 DualSense features including immersive lighting, speaker and haptic effects as the gameplay unfolds.
About Monster Harvest
Monster Harvest is a monster collecting and farming action RPG with a twist! Grow, collect and mutate your crops then take them into battle! Filled with places to discover and multiple ways to build your farm, get ready to craft, explore and battle across the vibrant world of Planimal Point.
During the journey through Planimal Point players discover strange Slimes which can mutate your crops in ways they would never have imagined! Depending on the season, the Slime or the crop you mutate, players will be able to create up to 72 different mutations!
Some crops will mutate into Planimals who are loyal mutated crops that stay by the players side through thick and thin. They’ll be a key companion as players adventure across Planimal Point, taking part in thrilling turn-based battles and exploring dungeons as you try to bring down the evil SlimeCo.
- Farm with mutants! Use magical slimes to mutate the crops you grow on your farm.
- Collectible Planimal companions! Some slimes mutate your crops into Planimals!
- Take your loyal companions into battle as you look to save Planimal Point from the Evil SlimeCo.
- Three unique seasons: Dry, Wet, and Dark – Strange weather and seasons shift what the player can grow.
- Venture into the town of Planimal Point – Discover the people and creatures that live there, build relationships to gain discounts in stores.
- Craft dozens of items for your farm and your house.
PlayStation 5 features
- A number of haptic effects can be found throughout the game including rain fall and performing dodge rolls
- The DualSense speaker is used for certain gameplay sound effects
- Using slime will cause the DualSense controller to flash in the corresponding slime colour
- Upscaled 4K visuals
- Improved performance, stability and framerate.
Monster Harvest launches today for PlayStation 5 via the PlayStation Store. Also available digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC and physical boxed editions for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
Visit the official site at https://www.mergegames.com/monster-harvest-2
Merge Games is a global video game publisher, developer and distributor based in Manchester, UK. The company publishes and distributes games worldwide for PC, consoles and streaming platforms, including Dead Cells, Streets of Rage 4, Spirit of the North, Cloudpunk, Aragami and Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX. Merge is also developing its own survival game, Smalland, in house. In 2021, Merge Games was acquired by Zordix AB (publ). For more information, please visit www.mergegames.com
About Maple Powered Games
Maple Powered Games is a small Indie studio based in a small town in Canada. We focus on making fun and family friendly games that remind us of the games we grew up with but with a modern flair. Started by a husband-and-wife duo who left the humdrum business world to make their own studio, our goal is to create beautifully hand crafted worlds for players to explore and fall in love with.