Grappling hook drift racer packs friend-based leaderboards
June 2nd, 2021 — Eponymouse is excited to announce its upcoming time trial racing game Twilight Drive is releasing for Windows PC June 16th on Steam for $9.99 — set faster and faster track times to earn medals and beat your friends!
A top-down driving game where you turbo, drift, and use a grappling hook mechanic to turn corners, Twilight Drive isinfluenced by fair but challenging games that are fun with tight, responsive controls.
- 40 different tracks to drive on, with varied settings: grass, desert, sea, underground; day, night, twilight
- Unique way to take corners by attaching to them
- Fun driving physics model, including drifting
- Custom-written game engine with fully dynamic shadows
- Race against bronze, silver and gold times to earn medals – and beat your friends
- Support for accessibility: fully voiced menus, slower game speeds, magnification, high-contrast mode, adjustable field-of-view
- Individual per-track 90s UK electronica soundtrack
- Dynamic music that adjusts to your race progress
Eponymouse is a one person studio run by Neil Brown. This is his first game, developed as a side project. In his day job Neil works as an academic researcher at a university.