100% funded after 16 days. Exciting new stretch goals unlocked
Bangkok, Thailand, 3rd June, 2021. Exciting new roguelite village-builder Kainga: Seeds of Civilization has hit it’s initial Kickstarter funding target after only 16 days, and thereby unlocking the first round of new stretch goals. There is still time to show your support and be part of this exciting journey by heading over to the official Kickstarter page and checking out the rewards on offer.
“This is an exciting milestone in the development journey of Kainga: Seeds of Civilization” said Erik Rempen, solo game designer of Kainga. “With this funding I can now start to bring in external resources to support me in the design of the game and add the extra layers of polish needed to elevate Kainga to the level of quality the fans expect. We have hit our initial target, but we still have a way to go! We are building a great community of fans who are not only supporting this project financially, but helping shape the future development of the game with their thoughts and ideas”.
After reaching this important milestone in the campaign, the first stretch goals are now activated on the Kickstarter page and will provide exciting new content additions to the gameplay experience:
- Balloons – Erik will look to add balloons to Kainga, but not in the way you’d expect!
- Wandering Traders – Trade luxury goods for advanced technologies with nomadic traders
- Sandbox mode – A new game mode that allows you the freedom to build cool towns without external pressures!
If these three goals are reached, then there are more waiting to be revealed.
In case you missed the initial Kickstarter trailer, you can watch solo game designer Erik Rempen talk about his three year journey developing Kainga: Seeds of Civilization and his hopes for the future of the game. Watch the trailer on YouTube here
Kainga: Seeds of Civilization is a roguelite village-builder set in a world full of mystery and surprise. Taking on the role of the Thinker, the leader of the village, you will need to adapt to the procedurally generated environment and surroundings and make the right choices to allow your people and village to flourish. The Thinker is responsible for passing the players’ decisions and commands on to the people. Although the citizens are somewhat expendable, if the Thinker falls, you lose. Much like the king in chess, they’re weak and vulnerable and must be protected at all costs.
Instead of following the long-winded city builder formula, Kainga: Seeds of Civilization is focused on short, 30 minute to 1 hour challenges. Each challenge is a fresh and diverse experience in a new location which still allows the player to make progression between runs.
Features of Kainga: Seeds of Civilization.
- Create A Unique Culture. Using the unique thinker skill tree, select research from a diverse branching technology tree inspired by civilizations around the world, make your mark on the world, with your choice of buildings, festivals, resource production and more!
- Adapt to Your Surroundings. Use the terrain and resources to your advantage, keep an eye on the resources you have available and carefully plan and adapt to an ever changing environment, as you battle against the elements, disasters, other villages and even the beasts that roam the lands.
- Train Units and Tame Beasts. Keep your village safe by researching technologies to equip your villagers with weapons to repeal attacks, or even use the beasts to your advantage by taming them and turning them on your rivals.
- Acquire New Knowledge for Future Runs. Every end carries the seed of a new beginning, unlock new technology, biomes and challenges to add further complexity to each run.. Earn Karma to purchase advanced structure types and rescue thinkers to play with their leadership style and unique quirks.
- Live Amongst or Upon Giant Beasts. The wildlife of these lands wander and interact with the environment, and often destroy those in their way. Can you learn to live with these animals? Or better yet, manage to tame them and build upon them.
- Build Legendary Structures. From towering stone menhirs, to great halls and more. Construct and protect massive buildings using materials sourced from around the map.
- Customize Your Playstyle. Choose a look and starting layout personalized to how you play best before diving into the procedurally generated world and putting your skills to the test.
Fans can also wishlist the game on Steam here.
For more information please visit the official website here, follow Kainga: Seeds of Civilization’s journey on social media via Twitter and don’t forget to join the conversation on the official Discord channel.