ALL HANDS ON DECK: PORT ROYALE 4 – OUT NOW
Seafaring trade sim crosses the date line on PC, PS4, Xbox One,
launch trailer and screenshots available
Sydney, Au – (25th September, 2020) – Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Gaming Minds Studios today shared that seafaring trade simulator Port Royale 4 is out today on PC via Steam, PlayStation 4, and digitally for Xbox One. A link to the launch trailer is available above.
Port Royale 4 is the ultimate trading simulator, offering a 12 million square kilometre playground of pristine 17th Century Caribbean scenery to both settle and explore. Players can create intricate production lines spanning multiple territories while fulfilling tasks for their nation’s viceroy to earn fame, accrue wealth and upgrade their settlements with an assortment of ships and buildings.
Those interested in a more action-focused experience can opt to attack rival nations, targeting their fleets and settlements while keeping a keen eye for pirates and other privateers who might be looking to do the same. Port Royale 4 also features a series’ first turn-based approach to naval combat, allowing up to 10 ships to do battle with onboard artillery and special tactics unique to each nation.
Review keys are available on request.
Title: Port Royale 4
Platforms: Windows PC, PlayStation®4, Xbox One
Developer: Gaming Minds Studios
Genre: Trade simulation
Release: 25/09/2020, Nintendo Switch™ (2021)
In Port Royale 4, set sail and join the colonial powers of Spain, England, France and the Netherlands in their fight for supremacy of the Caribbean in the 17th century. Take control of a colony as a young and ambitious governor and learn what it takes to manage and grow a small settlement into a bustling trader city.
Develop production chains connecting multiple islands and create complex trade routes across the Caribbean, covering the ever-growing needs of multiple cities. Make use of the detailed sea map to avoid stormy weather regions, cliffs or shallow waters. Fulfil tasks for your nation’s viceroy, earning more fame to unlock town buildings, ships and more. Conquer the cities of rival nations or hunt down their fleets with a letter of marque while also keeping a keen eye out for pirates and other privateers.
Introducing: naval battles! For the first time in series’ history, combat encounters are turn-based, with up to 16 ships battling at once. Turn the tide with tactical captain manoeuvres to ensure a glorious victory each and every fight.
- Choose from four colonial powerhouses: England, France, Spain and the Netherlands, each providing different benefits and unique gameplay styles
- Four single player campaigns following each nation on a path to glory
- Appoint a leader from four different character classes: The Explorer, Merchant, Buccaneer and Pirate
- Establish and manage trade with 60 Caribbean cities in a huge game world
- Navigate cliffs, shallow waters and stormy weather regions to optimize your trade routes
- Choose from 50 buildings to produce goods such as rum and luxuries
- Construct town buildings with neighbourhood effects to optimize productivity and manage the happiness of your citizens
- Sail 18 historically authentic ships from the late 16th and 17th centuries
- Engage in tactical, turn-based naval battles with powerful captains
- Unlock licences, building permits, new buildings and ships by growing reputation within your chosen nation
For more information, please visit www.kalypsomedia.com
About the Kalypso Media Group
Kalypso Media Group GmbH is a fully independent publisher, developer and marketer of interactive entertainment software with 100 employees in 8 locations in Germany, England and the United States, including Kasedo Games, Kalypso Media’s digital-first label, and three development studios – Realmforge Studios (Munich), Gaming Minds Studios (Gütersloh) and Claymore Game Studios (Darmstadt).
Specializing in developing strategy games for a global audience on all modern platforms, Kalypso Media’s IP portfolio includes the full rights to the Tropico series, Commandos, Port Royale, Dungeons, Sudden Strike, and RailwayEmpire. Kalypso Media’s recent releases are Commandos 2 – HD Remaster and Praetorians – HD Remaster, Railway Empire – Nintendo Switch™ Edition, Dungeons 3 – Complete Collection and Port Royale 4. Upcoming releases include Spacebase Startopia (Spring 2021). Kasedo Games’ recent releases include Filament. Upcoming releases include Distant Kingdoms.
More information about the Kalypso Media Group is available at www.kalypsomedia.com.