AUSTIN, Texas, June 23, 2020 – Calling all podracers! Aspyr announced today that Star Wars Episode l: Racer is now available for digital purchase on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 for $14.99. The classic Nintendo 64 racing game, based on the podracing sequence in Star Wars™: The Phantom Menace™, is back with modernized controls.
Now this is podracing! Check out the new Star Wars Episode l: Racer launch trailer.
“Get ready to start your engines because one of the galaxy’s most dangerous races is on with the launch of Star Wars Episode l: Racer,” said Elizabeth Howard, vice president of publishing at Aspyr. “Now on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 for the first time, we can’t wait to see fans reactions as they experience this Nintendo 64 classic on modern platforms.”
About Star Wars Episode l: Racer
It’s a race unlike any other! Star Wars Episode l: Racer lets players take control of a podracer, speeding through flaming methane lakes, Tusken Raider assaults, anti-gravity tunnels, and much more in a pulse-pounding, do-or-die fight to the finish line.
- 25 playable racers including Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell
- Race tracks spanning eight unique planets including Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare
- Players can work with pit droids to upgrade their podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration
- Discover short-cuts and secrets to master lap times
- Play single-player campaigns or multiplayer via split-screen
Aspyr is a leading video game publishing and development partner focused on maximizing the potential of games across all platforms and for all players. Today, the company supports a growing network of partners that includes many of the industry’s leading entertainment IP holders, publishers, developers, and technology providers. Aspyr is based in Austin, TX. For more information, visit www.aspyr.com.