Red Death Season 2 Now Live
The Civilization VI June 2020 Update is now available. In addition to balance and update changes, each game update offers a new feature such as a scenario, game mode or customization. This month’s game update introduces Season Two for Civilization VI: Red Death, a multiplayer mode on PC, Mac and Linux where up to 12 players compete in a free-for-all battle to escape a dying planet that is engulfed in the Red Death – a growing storm of radioactivity.
Red Death – Season 2
- New Playable Factions
- Aliens – They’ve always been here… watching from the shadows – The Alien faction specializes in camouflage technology allowing them to turn invisible and ambush their enemies or escape dangerous situations. They also have health regeneration upping their survivability in any given skirmish.
- Zombies – Civilization’s undead rise for humanity’s final moments – The Zombie faction replaces all combat units with Zombie Hordes. These units can’t heal normally and take damage over time. Zombie Hordes instead will heal and gain additional Zombie units when an enemy unit is defeated or by exploring City Ruins, Raider Camps, and Supply Drops.
- Faction Unique Abilities – Every faction, both old and new, has been outfitted with a unique ability.
- Aliens – Xenological Camouflage: All units can use Xenological Camouflage to become invisible to most units. Adjacent enemy units can see Camouflaged units. Initiating an attack deactivates Camouflage.
- Cultists – The Undying Eye: Cultists start the game with a crippled GDR. The GDR starts damaged and does not heal or gain experience normally. The GDR instead earns promotions when units sacrifice themselves to it. These promotions can then be used to return the GDR to full operation status.
- Borderlords – Grieving Gift: Deploy a fake supply drop to a given location on the next turn. If another player pops the supply drop, it triggers an explosion at that location.
- Jocks – Hail Mary: Small tactical nuke that can be launched from any combat unit. Has a smaller blast radius of 1 hex.
- Mutants – Radiant Personalities: Mutants that start their turn in the Red Death absorb 8 Radiation Chargesper turn. They spread Red Death to non-Red Death hexes automatically for 1 Radiation Charge per hex. Mutant units do not take fallout damage from mutant spread Red Death.
- Preppers – Improvised Traps: Combat units can build the Improvised Trap that causes damage and the loss of a movement point to any unit that moves onto it. Preppers get 5 Improvised Traps per visit to an unexplored City Ruins, Raider Camp, and Supply Crate. Improvised Traps are invisible to non-Prepper factions.
- Pirates – Buried Treasure: Pirates start the game with a Treasure Map to a buried treasure location indicated on their minimap. When a pirate unit of that player reaches the treasure location, the pirate is granted a unit and a new treasure map.
- Mad Scientists – Defensive Inertial Shielding: All combat units can deploy shielding that provides a +10 combat strength while defending. While shielded, the unit has immunity to WMD Blast, Red Death, and Water Poisoning Damage
- Wanderers – Road Vision: Grants active visibility on all previously revealed terrain.
- Zombies – Barely Weaponized Zombies (Passive): Killing a non-zombie enemy unit creates more Zombie Hordes. Zombie Hordes do not suffer combat penalties when damaged. City Ruins, Raider Camps, and Supply Drops grant additional Zombie Hordes instead of traditional units.
For more information on the full update please visit