ENCHANTED MOBILE MMORPG SPIRITWISH DELIVERS OVERHAUL OF NEW CONTENT IN FIRST UPDATE
Nexon’s new fantasy-adventure game earns new characters, events and more for iOS and Android
SEOUL – Nov. 22, 2019 – A roster of spellbound heroes engage in unprecedented simultaneous multi-character gameplay in the beautiful world of Spiritwish, the new massive multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) from NEXON Korea Corporation, subsidiary of NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games. Beginning today, mobile players around the world can warp into Spiritwish’s first ever content update for free on the App Store and Google Play.
In Spiritwish, players are invited to command a team of heroes as they follow in the footsteps of the Three Gods for control of the ancient relics and to protect the land of Kaleva against looming evil. Spiritwish offers players the ability to control three characters at a time while boasting a unique MMORPG experience on mobile devices.
Today, Spiritwish’s enchanted gameplay grows with a myriad of new features including:
- Fierce Guild Boss – Players and fellow Guild Members can work together in teams of up to 50 per Summoning Altar to take down new Guild Bosses for Masterpiece and Legendary++ rewards. Summoning Altars can be purchased with Gold from the Guild Shop
- Daunting Characters – Three new heroes are now available to enlist in battle, including the Staff-equipped Runesinger and Bow-wielding Runesinger for ranged attacks, and the melee-swinging Striker
- New World Boss – The Demonic Hot Springs 3F Area now offers the “Ruto” World Boss for players to challenge and earn Legendary Ruto Rings and Ruto Necklaces from Ruto Boxes
- Recruitment Quests – Players can now embark on Fighter, Archer and Cleric Recruitment Quests to earn character cards and learn more about the heroes in Spiritwish.
Many years ago, legendary heroes known as the Three Gods created an era of peace across their bountiful kingdom by overseeing powerful ancient artifacts. When war erupted between two factions ‘Pohjola’ and ‘Kaleva’ for control of the relics, the kingdom fell into disarray. Now, a new band of adventurers is tasked with eradicating the vile monsters who have spawned within the kingdom as a result of the skirmish.
Spiritwish is the latest project from the developers at NEON Studio, best known for their work on Ragnarok, Granado, Espada and Tree of Savior. Today’s content update arrives after it rose to the top of the mobile game charts in Korea, earning fourth and third in revenue on Google Play and the App Store, respectively.
Additional information for members of the press:
- Check out the official Facebook page here
About NEXON Co. Ltd.
NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO) is a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games. Founded in Korea in 1994, Nexon developed one of the world’s first graphics-based massively multiplayer online games. Nexon also pioneered the concept of microtransactions and the free-to-play business model, setting a new standard in which play is free, and users have the option to purchase in-game items to enhance their experience. Nexon currently services nearly 100 titles in more than 190 countries. The Company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and its shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
# # #