inXile Entertainment’s The Bard’s Tale Trilogy Remaster Now Available on Steam and GOG.com!
Tales of the Unknown, the first volume of this legendary RPG series, arrives today, with the final two volumes launching later this year
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. – Aug. 14, 2018 – inXile Entertainment, the studio led by Interplay founder and industry icon Brian Fargo, is proud to announce the release of The Bard’s Tale Trilogy, a complete remaster of the legendary series that helped define the RPG genre. Featuring updated graphics and optional quality-of-life gameplay improvements, The Bard’s Tale Trilogy is the ideal way to experience the dungeon crawling challenge that made the original games beloved classics. The title is now available for Windows PC on both Steam and GOG.com with a retail price of $14.99.
Features of The Bard’s Tale Trilogy include:
- Remasters of all three original The Bard’s Tale games. The first volume, Tales of the Unknown, is available today, with The Destiny Knight (fall 2018) and Thief of Fate (winter 2018) arriving later in the year.
- A uniform playing experience across all three titles without the need for emulation or compatibility concerns.
- Create a party in the first volume and play it across all three volumes to create a heroic narrative all your own.
- For the first time, play as male or female across all three games. Also includes other quality-of-life changes such as automapping for all three games, spell access, and updated equipment/inventory management.
- Updated art that holds true to the spirit of the originals, featuring never-before-used character art by series creator Michael Cranford!
- An opportunity for new players to experience the events that led to The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep and The Mage’s Tale!
- The final content to be released will be a Legacy Mode, a set of options which allows players to make the titles play similarly to the 1980s originals… with all the challenge that entails!
The Bard’s Tale Trilogy can be found here:
About inXile Entertainment
InXile Entertainment is a premiere video game development studio with locations in Newport Beach, Calif., and New Orleans, La., and is behind leading titles including Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera, The Mage’s Tale, The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep, and Wasteland 3. Headed by Brian Fargo, inXile Entertainment is home to both industry veterans and up-and-coming talent, and is at the cutting edge of innovation in delivering high-quality titles to their passionate and dedicated fan base.
About Krome Studios
Krome Studios is the multi-award winning creator of the best-selling TY the Tasmanian Tiger series, and the developer of over 40 titles across PC, consoles and mobile; including Microsoft Game Room, The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. For more information, please visit www.kromestudios.com and follow on Twitter and Facebook.