Extinction Soars onto Shelves Today
Available on the PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Windows PC
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. (April 10, 2018) — Humanity must survive! Save the population from colossal giants in the new action adventure game, Extinction, available today from Iron Galaxy and Modus Games.
Play as Avil, one of the last remaining Sentinels and the only warrior equipped with the skills to take down the fearsome Ravenii. These 150-foot-tall bloodthirsty monsters were previously only spoken of in fables, but today they return with a vengeance.
“When we first brainstormed the idea behind Extinction, we thought wouldn’t it be cool to scale these giant monsters and use actual, real-time combat skills to cut them down,” said Derek Neal, Executive Producer at Modus Games. “With the help of the amazing team at Iron Galaxy, we’re so excited to finally have players put those skills to test.”
“From the very beginning, Extinction was a game about two things: strategy and combat,” said Kraig Kujawa, Game Director at Iron Galaxy. “Every situation you encounter is going to force you to think strategically – do I battle my way through a horde of minions to save this group of civilians or do I scale up this tower to jump on the back of the ogre who’s destroying the city?”
Featuring a single-player campaign with dynamic side missions, players will be able to master ultra-flexible melee combat and gravity-defying traversal mechanics throughout the world of Dolorum.
Other features include:
- Skill-Based Combat. Travel horizontally and vertically, perform wall runs, and use your whip as a vault to execute devastating air assaults. Master dynamic combat manoeuvres to effectively traverse the giant beasts and expose their weak points, progressing along different skill trees to develop a path best suited to your playstyle.
- Interactive Environment. Move freely around a fully destructible environment and use objects throughout the world to your strategic advantage.
- Innumerable Battle Scenarios. Every battlefield is different from the last, ensuring a unique combat situation each time you play.
- Skirmish Mode. Create unique battlegrounds and challenge players online to compete for the top score.
- Extinction Mode. Fight off a continuous horde of assailants as wave after wave of ogres and their minions attack without relent.
Extinction launches today on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC, digitally and in stores. Its first DLC titled “Jackal Invasion” drops in May and is available to purchase separately or as part of the “Days of Dolorum” Season Pass.
For more information:
- Head to Extinction.com
- Like the Facebook page
- Follow along on Twitter
- Watch the previous videos on YouTube
About Iron Galaxy
Located in Chicago and Orlando and founded in 2008, Iron Galaxy is a leading independent video game development studio that focuses on tech outsourcing, porting and developing quality games. The company’s most notable products include Killer Instinct, Wreckateer, Divekick and Videoball. For more information, please visit www.irongalaxystudios.com.
About Modus Games
Modus is a premier global publisher of video games across all major physical and digital entertainment platforms. The label prides itself on collaborating with talented developers around the world to bring innovative games to the masses.
Publisher: Modus Games
Developer: Iron Galaxy
Street Date: April 10th, 2018
Price: £54.99 / €59.99 Standard – £64.99 / €69.99 Deluxe
Platforms: PlayStation®4 / Xbox One / PC (Windows)
PEGI 16 / USK 16